Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Though they're all the same, which is the best G-Body?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The Bonneville station wagon.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
I don't know...so I have a couple different ones. :mrgreen:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
i will ASSUME that the GNX falls under the regal/gn category and drop my vote there, even though i own a malibu, and a 3 montes (only 2 of the montes are g's), and my next g will be a GP... im too poor for a GN...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think it's the one you own, but that option isn't there...

"edit" I see Mark beat to that one.. :)

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
The styling of the Buick Regal/GN is the best. Inside and out. But with most of those taken the second best choice is the Olds Cutlass.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
After owning three SS's (including one Aerocoupe), several Malibus, 4 Regals, 2 Cutlasses, a 442, one GP, a LeMans and a Malibu wagon........I'd say it depends on the styling you like.

I've always thought the Olds and Buicks were built better and weren't as rattle prone as Malibus. All of my Montes developed stress on the cracks doors. The GP's were more likely to have buckets and a console, along with a nice dash layout like the rest of the Pontiacs. I loved my wagon because of the versatility. With the exception of my '78 GP and '78 LeMans, all my other pre-'81 cars had rust issues in the rear frame rails.

We all know the performance platforms were the best because they got all the performance goodies (for the 80's anyway) from the factory.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
My list, sorry couldn't vote too many choices so I rank them in my order...first :mrgreen:
1. my GP!!!
2. GNX
3. Olds 442
4. Monte SS
5. Malibu
6. Lemans
7.El Caminos
but any nicely done base model of the g bodies above will peak my interest and catch my attention. sorry I didn't vote for the best because I really like them all and want one of each to add to my collection.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Olds :D

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I love a GNX but the Cutlass' and Grand Prix's will never be made again and that's a big factor to consider for me. I think the 79 monte carlo is an obvious choice and it's been the villain's vehicle of choice in several movies - besides just training day that is not the only movie starring a 79 MC. Something about a Cutlass driving just looks way better to me than another G - even if it be a 442 or a SS and idk why. The monte CL's with the euro clip in dark blue or black look very good as well. The difficult to find early stock 5 speeds and hurst olds are very retro and cool too. They are probably a good bet in terms of which gbodies will go up in value some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor