What's wrong here??? shifter cable/bracket or link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
1985 442
in the middle of converting my shifter back to stock from a ratchet shifter, Ive bumped into too many problems, first getting my hands on the bracket, then the shifter link, and the cable, now after i get everything i needed the cable does not reach the link... :wtf:

please help! :blam: :blam:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,543
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,835
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    921.9 KB · Views: 2,172

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
do you have the bracket located in the correct position?. What about moving it one bolt hole

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
are you sure you have the right cable? i made that mistake on a new one and got a 3spd instead of a 4.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
pontiacgp said:
do you have the bracket located in the correct position?. What about moving it one bolt hole
it wont

when i move it one over its too close, so when i try to shift it down to drive or past it wont do.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
or is the bracket installed upside down?. I havn't had a automatic in a while but I think I remember the bracket locating the cable below the ridge of the pan..I just looked in my Cilton's book and it has the bracket installed opposite to the way you have your's installed. Try flipping it around using the two bolts you see in your first picture....And here's a picture of the GM part...

thumbnail.asp

http://www.gmclassicparts.com/200r4-FLO ... 24749.html

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
if i was to turn it around the cable would really not reach, here is the one i bought from dixie.

Attachments

• scale.aspx.jpeg
    scale.aspx.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 1,347

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you flip it over the location of the cable anchor is closer to the pin and I'll put money on it that it'll fit if you have the right cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor