What's wrong here??? shifter cable/bracket or link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
pontiacgp said:
If you flip it over the location of the cable anchor is closer to the pin and I'll put money on it that it'll fit if you have the right cable

I have it mounted the same way as in the picture I just put up, which is closest to the link,
I'm thinking it's the cable cause it can't be the link.
What's a good place for a cable? I'm done messing with advanced auto & Autozone!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that is not closest to the link, if you turn it around and use the bolts in the first picture you posted that brings the anchor closer to the pin

this isn't the correct bracket but this the way that your bracket needs be installed..

1107chp-15-o-+gearstar-200-4r-overdrive-transmission-install+shifter-bracket.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The bracket you have and the GM bracket look identical so it looks like you have the right part. I found the diagram you posted the other day and it's the same diagram I have in my Chilton's book, look how the bracket is installed..

file.php

CGimbel

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2008
The trans shifter bracket (shift lever) is wrong. The one you have is for a 350th / 200m. You need one for a 200 4r. PM me... I have what you need. GrandAmMan can vouch for me and G-body_Vet bought from me before.

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
CGimbel said:
The trans shifter bracket (shift lever) is wrong. The one you have is for a 350th / 200m. You need one for a 200 4r. PM me... I have what you need. GrandAmMan can vouch for me and G-body_Vet bought from me before.

Pm me a picture of it.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I had the same issues....heres a pic of my trans and cable set up.
P1010316.jpg

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
digimurda said:
bill said:
I had the same issues....heres a pic of my trans and cable set up.
P1010316.jpg

Is that a 200r4?
yeah...my car came with a 200m and the bracket was wrong. I think your cable is too short. The sheath is shorter but the cable is longer on a 2004r trans setup. My cable that was in the car w/the v6 had a longer sheath and a shorter cable...if that means anything. also, the 4speed shifter in the console has a different cable location than a three speed so you may have a 3speed shifter....i can send pics if you need them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
CGimbel said:

have you looked this link?... they have the bracket that looks identical to the one he is using listed for a 200r4 so their's must be wrong too....

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 1999070153

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor