What's your second hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I need more hobbys but I've actually started thinking about collecting some 1982-1986 GI Joe stuff. I've been checking out forums. I really just want the stuff I had as a kid. If anyones got some stuff they want to get rid of, let me know in private messaging. Parts and pieces and broken is fine

Kinda surprised nobody is into bowling, appears to be dying. I bowl on 2 leagues and enjoy the competition.
They recently closed Pampa lanes near me and they used to have one of the better cars shows back in the day,

Like many others here, I have several other hobbies. There is my 1946 Farmall Model A tractor which use with a pull-behind 5 foot wide brush mower. I also do outdoor model railroading and ride roller coasters.

My new focus is raising my 2 and 4 year old kids. I get to share things I've learned, and pass on some of my favourite things from my childhood - just last night we taped my oldest's new hockey stick (hot pink and Superman hockey tape was used), and watched the animated Transformers Movie from 1986.

Other than that work is always angling me to volunteer my time to doing things with the Regiment. Currently I am helping groom Junior Officers to become future Infantry Platoon Commanders. Sort of like raising my own kids too - only these ones I don't have to literally wipe the asses of.

EDIT: I should add that I also expend a lot of effort in strength training (work kind of demands it) - pun intended. For example I am routinely around a 1.4:1 power to weight ratio for my bench press (because gym bro metrics) at 5'-11", 168lbs and 9% BF; and my last fitness test put me in the top 2.2% nationally for my age/gender split for the Canadian Armed Forces as a whole (only reason I didn't score higher was because of the flu).
There. I got to brag. Publicly.
It ain't braging when you can back it up

Reactions: motorheadmike
I've got a couple.
During the winter I curl at the local legion. It's just once a week now but 20 years ago I used to be fairly competitive in local bonspiels.

I also build 1/24 model cars. Actually I am just unpacking my model car stuff after 15 years in storage from lack of space. Now with the new house, I have a dedicated room in the basement that I'm setting up. Pics will come soon.

My other summer hobby is my boat. I have a 96 Crownline 202br that I spend a lot of time on with the wife. Just putting around in and relaxing. Not the big one, the small one with the green top.
20161005_172334.jpg

Reactions: Injectedcutty
Kinda surprised nobody is into bowling, appears to be dying. I bowl on 2 leagues and enjoy the competition.
used to bowl on a couple leagues years ago, before my back got worse.... my gear hasn't left the back room in about 12 years....
I used to bowl before they started automatic scoring cause my average went from semi pro to beginner....🙂
in all the years I did bowl, I went from beginner, to novice.....😵

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor