Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Re: Chime in, what am I forgetting?

chevy2480 said:
I wouldnt agree with wagons being heavier I know alot of my GN buddies and a few friends with Cutlass Supremes that are heavier then my wagon by 200-350lbs and my wagon has full stock interior. My car without me in it is 3345 take out the rollcage its 3145. Total with my fat *ss well its 3@55 lol

I promise you a completely stock wagon weighs more than 3145!!! There is no doubt about it. So 4 doors plus a tailgate weighs 300 pounds LESS than a comparable coupe? With all that extra glass?

Your scale must be screwy.

How would you explain the fact that some drag racers like the wagon because of the extra weight in the back?!?!?!?!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Last time I weighed my '87 it was 3930lbs with me in it. I weighed around 250lbs at the time so the car was more like 3700-3800lbs.

I only had a 1/4 tank of gas.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Re: Chime in, what am I forgetting?

LS1GN said:
chevy2480 said:
I wouldnt agree with wagons being heavier I know alot of my GN buddies and a few friends with Cutlass Supremes that are heavier then my wagon by 200-350lbs and my wagon has full stock interior. My car without me in it is 3345 take out the rollcage its 3145. Total with my fat *ss well its 3@55 lol

I promise you a completely stock wagon weighs more than 3145!!! There is no doubt about it. So 4 doors plus a tailgate weighs 300 pounds LESS than a comparable coupe? With all that extra glass?

Your scale must be screwy.

How would you explain the fact that some drag racers like the wagon because of the extra weight in the back?!?!?!?!
You can doubt me all you want i own the car and had it on a nhra scale at the track. And a truck stop scale both had the same number. So let me break ot down like this car has full interior
Total weight 3655 with me in it
So 3655
- my fat *ss 310
==3345
- 200lb cage
== 3145
and thats with 10 gallons of 110 in the tank.
Reason for me and most wagon racers wanting wagon is nothing more then the rear overhang has a little more weight on the rear tires helps in hooking. That doesnt equal a heavier car. O and my 86 GN tips the scale at 3760 full tank of gas alluminum bumper supports.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
My car weighed 3450lb with me and a half tank of gas full interior, spare tire equipment, half tank of gas, and around 30lb of tools. I'm a pretty skinny guy so I really can't drop any weight lol.

That was on my ZQ8 wheels with 225/50s up front and Nitto NT555 245/50 drag radials, so that's quite a bit of weight shed with the new pro stars and MT 275/60s ill be on this year. I added a bunch of weight with the new anti roll bar, lca brackets, fast intake, and oil catch can so ill have to check when the car is back together

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Had to swing by the scales tonight, was slightly surprised. My old Malibu with most of the same modifications was 3240 w/o me. This one came in at 3120. Aluminum headed sbc, but the blower makes up for any weight savings the heads offer. No heat/ac. Plastic fuel cell with a few gallons in it. Buckets out of a Honda Prelude. I did add a console from a 3rd gen f-body. I think that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor