Whats your weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfurches

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2011
For those of you that have had your cars on the scale....what did it tip at?

Interested to see the difference in weight between some of the models. If you have done any weight reduction or major engine swap that would effect the posted number, please make notation!

Thanks

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
With the cast iron heads on my bbc at the time,tool bag in the trunk & almost full tank of gas,mine weighed in at 3750 lbs.
Guy

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Ha! I was at the scale yesterday. My 87 Regal was 3260 with an almost empty gas tank. I have: fiberglass front bumper, no jack or spare, light cast alum wheels, no radio / speakers.

But I have a cast iron LS1 w/ alum heads.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
I bought my 1980 El Camino about 20 years ago (I've still have it!), and it was from Georgia (had to get it weighed to get plates here). It weighed 3154 lbs. (229 V-6, 3-speed saginaw, power steering & brakes, A.M. radio, heater, and rally wheels).

Also had a 1978 El Camino for a short time (also from the south). It weighed 3369 lbs. (power steering, brakes, windows, and door locks, A.C., cruise, 305-4 barrel, auto trans., buckets & console, and a tilt wheel).

Doug

Don't know what the 80' weighs now with the Choo Choo nose and Monte Carlo Aluminum bumper instead of the steel bumper a header panel it came with?

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
We're all 800-1000 pounds lighter than the new Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - that porker weighs 4260! :shock:

bfurches

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2011
just what i expected....numbers all over the place lol.

keep 'em coming guys!

Reactions: 1 user

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Haven't weighed mine yet, but...... with the BBC, body kit, extra body pieces, massive amp and massive 35lb subs in my trunk, and the power leather heated seats, and all the little toys etc... I'm sure mine will out weigh all you sons of b*tches :oops:

When will there be a "Heavyweight" category for G-body of the month... hmmm... ever...?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
LS1GN said:
We're all 800-1000 pounds lighter than the new Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - that porker weighs 4260! :shock:

I didn't realise that... :shock:

I'll take mine into a truck inspection stop and run it over the scales just to see what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor