• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Thanks all . . . the Sabers are actually ordered . . . ETA 3/17/17 :banana:
Now, here is to actually getting them BEFORE the world ends . . . :friday:

I ended up with:

Front: US Mags Saber U437 17x8.0 Standard Lip with 4.00BS instead of 4.50 to kick those fronts out just a bit. I was reading where it helps some with the tendency to understeer if you try to get the outside of the front and rear tires lined up. I went out and took some measurements again and with the tires I am going to run the outside of the front and rear tires will almost perfectly align.

Rear: US Mags Saber U437 18x9.5 Standard Lip with 5.25BS did not change.

Using GM WA-7725 Gold for the spoke wheel paint to match the 442 striping and I've got new wheel tape stripe for the lips combined with a friend that will fab me some center caps that the factory 442 centers will snap on to should make these bad boys look like 17" and 18" versions of the SSIIIs [SSIVs?] that I can put some REAL tires on . . .:p

We can FINALLY end this thread :( and I will continue from here over in the build thread . . . although I sincerely hope that readers of this thread understand the point here was to share information and to have discussion NOT that it really took a 10 page thread to figure this out? Lots of great ideas were presented that hopefully other members can use . . . or not! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor