Which flywheel do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
Just wanted to say that everything has been relatively smooth. Ive since reinforced the firewall with a metal plate and "bent" the pedal back for a lower position. The transmission is crap, it grinds 4th, and for some reason reverse grinds as if the car is moving when you first start it up in the morning and try to back-out. The SS line is a joke too. Because of how the fitting isnt being held in place by the pins, it has worked its way out at an angle all c*ck-eyed and I have no idea how it is holding pressure. Just ordered a hurst short throw shifter as well.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if the fittings don't fit with the spring pin then they are are not the right type of fittings

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Chillin014 said:
I know, its garbage. I'll purchase one of the right ones eventually.

I would do it before I drove the car again...that's brake fluid in the reservoir and if you depress the clutch and the fitting pops out you'll spay the engine and exhaust with the bake fluid. I don't know if you have ever had the unfortunate experience of brake fluid being sprayed on hot surfaces but you don't want this to be your first experience.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
I was messing with it and its wedged in there pretty good. I'll probably go ahead and just order that fitting right now though. I remember you saying it was really flammable and tried to see if anything would happen last time some leaked on the headers but it was only a few drops. Maybe i'll get a fire extinguisher too. :mrgreen:

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
I just wanted to add that I finally got my russell fittings from summitt. I thought the ad was only for one at 20 bucks but I actually got two! So...awesome!

edit- So I got a random package from the guy I bought the SS hydraulic line from. It has two of the OEM fittings in it and an apology note about how his machined ones were not correct. I guess somebody else complained and/or tried the oem ones and they worked. Not sure why he ever thought they wouldnt work...oh well. I have extras now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor