which g body was the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i know i am going to start some serious discussion on this but what was the best g body in your opinion and why?

mine is the 81-87 regal by far. here is my list of reasons

sleek body lines

in my opinion the best dash since they do not crack

i think the limited had the best split bech seats

the body was used for t types, gn, and gnx which are the fastest factory g bodys

the only g body with horizontal tail lights making it unique amonst the other g bodies

i have about 10 dozen other reasons but i am having a brain fart. i honestly love all g bodys and between my freinds and we have had them all and i have owned around a dozen total over the years and i have always just thought the regal stood above the rest as far as overall looks, they look great as a luxery car as well as a performance car not to mention a car that was all luxery and had a turbo motor stuffed under the hood from the factory. there is alot of history behind the regal as far as racing and unique models and what not. these are some of the reasons that i think the regal is the best g body.

i know every one is going to say their model is the better but lets try not to look at it that way... i own a regal and a cutty and havehad my finger in many build ups of grand prixs, elkys and montes in the past so i have seen them all and researched all of them.

keep it clean!

mcsslover1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2007
Yreka CA
I love all the Gbody cars but my favorite is the 81-88 Monte Carlo and then the 78-80 Monte Carlo. As for interiors I like the Cutlass dash and then the Gran Prix dash and Gran Prix (bucket) seats and door panels. Bench seats I like the Monte Carlo 60/40 split bench in the 87-88. Front ends I like the 87-88 Olds Cutlass with the Euro style headlights.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
my ultimate gbody would have an 81-86 cutlass front end,grand prix dash,GN interior,regal tailights,442 rear 3.73s, Monte ss powertrain...oh and t-tops!

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
regalman4925 said:
i know i am going to start some serious discussion on this but what was the best g body in your opinion and why?

I've always had a soft spot for the Regal. My brother had one, a white '87 Regal "Presidential". Plus, the Regal and Cutlass share doors and whatnot... so there's an abundance of parts, unlike for, oh say, the Grand Prix.

My favorites are the Grand National and, for looks alone, the Cutlass. I was never a fan of the 307 (long story, don't make me relive it), but I love the way it looks.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Here's a vote for the Turbo T!!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
my monte ss of course!

i think the 86-99 monte ss is the best looking one, but for all around performance and handling definately the GNX.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
I personally am torn between 2.... The Monte SS (cause I just love the way these cars look) and the GP's cause they are challenging to find parts for.... but when you do find the parts I feel that they are well respected

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
GNX. The most bad *ss G body ever built from the factory.

My favorite body style by far is the Malibu 2 door. Better roofline than the other cars and looks better proportioned IMO.

CutlassGrandNational

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2008
I like the Grand Prix's most. You never hear about them really. They're like the underdog of G bodies. They always had a really cool spin over all the G bodies. I love them all just about equally. Maybe not the Monte as much, but Monte's are great too.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Looks wise, my favorite is the 83-88 Monte Carlo SS's & 86-88 LS's, the Hurst/Olds & 442's, the TR's, then the 2+2's. Same basic order for the "non-performance" models.

Interiors are all pretty similar - I like the Monte and Cutlass the best I think(prefer the non-woodgrain of the 87 442), and they have nice gauge packages. The GP interiors are pretty cool as well. Nothing really stands out in the Buick interiors for me.

Performance wise, the GNX (and other TR's) was obviously king of the hill, followed by the Monte SS/Olds (pretty equal), then Pontiac.

I am a little biased though as I have owned 3 Monte SS's and grew up driving my parent's 87 Cutlass 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor