Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reactions: 1 user

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Years ago when the Intake gasket let go at 90M I added a Cloyes dbl roller and new cam/lifters in my '83, and at 325M still no issue, and pops right off. But Rollmaster CS7041 timing set is the best. Otherwise go with Cloyes True Double Roller 9-3513X9.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Awesome, thanks for all the advice. My objective is to keep it stock and reliable. The previous owner, a friend who never drove it, babied this car in storage. I got it after he passed and I am using it on many long drives as I can, at least as long as the 307 stays together.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Went with Cloyes the last two cam wheel changes I've done. The most important part of the swap is the steel gear for the cam. You will likely find that the crank gear is broached for multiple timing settings, retarded, straight up, and advanced, by so many degrees, for each location. It is a magazine article on how timing changes at the crank will affect torque vs horsepower and YooHoo-Tube is your friend in that respect. Double roller, even if only on the street. There are some nice components coming across the pond from The Aussies and even Taiwan generates some strong sturdy bits. This is not like the old days where certain countries used to be synonymous with mediocrity. They did learn from their mistakes and got far better in the process. I would personally take a Taiwanese made part over a mainland Beijing built piece of useless dreck any time; just saying.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Awesome, thanks for all the advice. My objective is to keep it stock and reliable. The previous owner, a friend who never drove it, babied this car in storage. I got it after he passed and I am using it on many long drives as I can, at least as long as the 307 stays together.
The only knocking 307's I saw or heard of, other than one blown up 85 swirl port motor from a Buick Wagon were from 83 H/O 307's. The gearing and close to 5000 rpm shifts are pushing the 307's comfort zone. Being babied and well taken care no doubt helps. I would run 10W40 which I believe is the factory recomend oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor