white smoke on hot start. but goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
MrLightning said:
does the car get driven daily? any chance your valve stem seals are in need of replacement? slight amount of oil that seeps into chambers and burns white smoke upon start up. Check them out!

Yeah, definitely check these. I had the same issue with my Monte, replaced the factory o-ring style valve stem seals and added some like these as well:
CP5100.gif

No more white smoke.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, definitely check these. I had the same issue with my Monte, replaced the factory o-ring style valve stem seals and added some like these as well:
CP5100.gif

No more white smoke.

Even on a new motor?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
K guys ive ment to reply for awhile now i found my problem. When the car was getting warm after shut down the fuel in my carb was actully pushing past the needle and seat and i could see fuel dripping inside the carb i took the idle mix screws out shot some carb cleaner and air in there put them back in and adjusted the screws. And i thought about fuel pressure too so i got rid of that holley pump and put a stock pump on it. Ive tested it for a few weeks now and its been great and hasnt done it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor