I have a GP with a sbc350 :?
am really eager to start learning about Buicks :mrgreen:
helped friend build his olds 455 :D
don't know anything about Pontiac motors :oops:

pontiacman469

Master Mechanic
Jul 18, 2008
Bangor,Maine
80 Boohoo Sorry for your disappointment but there is alot more out there for chevy then us bop guys one of the reasons i like this site so much.So us regal,cutlass n grand prixs like to hang. :mrgreen: Btw the title says g-body and it don't matter what your skin is 75% of it is the same. :roll:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
80 Boohoo Sorry for your disappointment but there is alot more out there for chevy then us bop guys one of the reasons i like this site so much.So us regal,cutlass n grand prixs like to hang. Btw the title says g-body and it don't matter what your skin is 75% of it is the same.

Came off a little harsh eh? I will agree with 80maliboo that there is a lack of chevy representation, other than our motors :mrgreen: , on the forum. Keep your eyes out cause there are quite a few of us malibu guys up here, you just gotta look.

One thing you will learn, as pontiacman already said, our cars are pretty much the same except for body panels. Other than that everything under and in these cars is practically the same. You will find that if you are looking for any kind of bracing, rear end, or drivetrain components the BOP's will have the better parts you are looking for. I have yet to see a malibu or el camino that had any bracing compared to the BOP's that have plenty front to back. Only thing that came close was an 87' monte carlo aerocoupe that showed up randomly in the local picknpull, and I pulled all the bracing out of that (didn't have limited slip though). I was just out at the yard today and I looked over the chevies and bop's. The BOP's had all the 200-4r's, some of them had limited slip rears, and most had decent parts. Hell I'm replacing the rear floor boards in my malibu because the driveshaft snapped and ballooned the whole rear floor pan. Guess what the new floor boards came out of? An 84 cutlass supreme.

If anything, take the lack of malibu's as a good thing. I like it because they are unique in there own way and most people don't know what they are when you drive by. I've been called both a grand national and a monte carlo and never take it offensively.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
1984 Buick Regal with 357SBC and 5 Speed with 3.73 gears. Before that a 79 Cutlass with a 455 Turbo350 and 3.42 Gears..

blk74nova

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2009
I got an 85 cutlass with a 455 in it, a 74 nova with a 402 BB chevy in it, and just tore my 84 monte ss down to ship to the boneyard,It had a 400sbc in it with 200r4 and 3.73 posi rear. I did the mopar thing for about a year when i was 20, had a 72 duster with a 440,727trans and 4.56 8 3/4inch rear. Plum Crazy Purple. Sold it and cut the mullet lol

80Maliboo

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2010
patmckinneyracing said:
If anything, take the lack of malibu's as a good thing. I like it because they are unique in there own way and most people don't know what they are when you drive by. I've been called both a grand national and a monte carlo and never take it offensively.

When I was pulling the engine out yesterday I was asked if it was a Monte Carlo. I almost got mad but she was a MILF.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
my lst gbody was an 85 monte 4.3l all chevy. now i have a 83 olds with the baby 3.8 but after this summer it will have chevy power. so my 83 cutlass will have a 96 LT1, th350, 8.5 posi witht 3.73's. i have everything but the eaton posi unit right now. i just need good weather and a little more time before i start the swap

chevy76monteman

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Landau
1986 Pontiac Grand Prix LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor