Who's getting blizzarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not quite sure how many inches we got but all i know is its a sh*t loadand wish my snow blower didnt sh*t the bed!, hell with all this damn shoveling i've been doing mine as well quit my gym membership!

cid__0202011207.jpg

pontiacgp said:
are those AWD full time or do you select and is the front a posi?...

Full time, and this one has no posi front or rear. I may look for a posi for the rear just for kicks though, or if I eber upgrade the Bu's rear, i'll have an extra.

jrm81bu said:
pontiacgp said:

Full time, and this one has no posi front or rear. I may look for a posi for the rear just for kicks though, or if I eber upgrade the Bu's rear, i'll have an extra.

I have an AWD Astro/Safari with the G80 Posi rear. I have not been stuck yet in the 5 years I have owned it. That thing is like a mountain goat. The Transfer Case on the newer ones engages the front wheels when it senses slippage. The older ones could be adapted with a hi/low TC from a blazer/s10

G-Body_Vet said:
Phoenyx said:
Oh, did I mention the -40 windchill for the last 2 days? Wasn't very pleasant. But been warming up and hopefully supposed to be close to freezing tomorrow.

I don't know how you guys do it up there. We're getting hit right now and it doesn't hold a match to what Canada gets.

Thats a pretty general term as quite a few places in Canada get little to no snow. Here in Toronto we get maybe 50" a year in total, and I think Vancouver is less than 2 feet.

Chicago is about the same as Toronto IIRC. New York and Boston are getting hit hard this year.

axisg said:
jrm81bu said:
pontiacgp said:

I have an AWD Astro/Safari with the G80 Posi rear. I have not been stuck yet in the 5 years I have owned it. That thing is like a mountain goat. The Transfer Case on the newer ones engages the front wheels when it senses slippage. The older ones could be adapted with a hi/low TC from a blazer/s10

Sounds about right, I can set it sideways for bit before it grabs. I was pretty impressed with what it would go through with out the posi. With one it should be very impressive.

.....So, spent 5 1/2 hours straight knocking down 3ft. to 4ft. drifts (one 5ft. drift) and clearing my drive, and both my neighbors drives (one neighbor is in his 80's and the other has had a stroke and it has weakened his heart). I'll be 65 next month,but my body is still physically fit as it was when I was in my 30's (except my 6-pack abs are a pony keg now and the hair on my head ran away from home!) :rofl: . I've still got to clear my drive back to my shop (two BIG drifts there :!: ).
I took some pictures (from inside the house this morning), and plan to take somemore tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Doug

Just got the call that work is canceled again tomorrow. I guess the road leading to the office is still under drifts... awesome.

Unfortunately so is my driveway. After about 5 hours I'm about 1/2 way to the road. drifts anywhere from knee to waist high.

IMG_1650 by RippC, on Flickr

Heard on the news that some of the GM plants shut down because of the blizzard!!! :wtf: I worked in three different GM plants in my 36.7 years, and I don't ever remember them giving us a snow day (I do remember some people getting a reprimand for absenteeism when they took a snow day themselves!) :!:

Doug

We got blasted last year in Iowa and Nebraska. I bought a new John Deere snow blower, used it 1x. Sold the house and moved to Tennessee.

I finally had a nice garage to work in during the winter and couldn't get to it. I had a tractor clear it 3x but it only lasted about 2 days each time.
I moved in January.

Here in TN, they complain when its 30 degrees....above zero!! February here feels like late October to me...kind of nice.

010.jpg

The Sunbird is in the same spot in this second picture...my yard was flat!!

001-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor