Why everyone is putting Chevy's in the off brands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-BUDDY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
THIBADAUX LA.
well all i know is my swap is gona be a 2005 lq9 6.0 with efi.good gas mi and less lbs and the look on peoples face when i pop my hood :shock: O ya my chevy swap is gona cost in the 7k to 10k range .so no chevy is cheeper short cuts here :rofl: LQ9 6.0 ,ls1 nos kit,w30 working ram air hood comeing soon in a 86 olds cutlass :banana: :banana: BUILD TOPIC COMEING SOON 8)

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
1evilregal said:
I don't have a problem with you purists, as it's nice to see some original cars, but please,please, quit ramming your opinions down my throat :puke: .... that's the problem I have do have with you purists....

What do you think us purists have to go through? We aren't just gonna let people talk down to us with out defending ourselves.

I know I will be happy with my running, low mileage Olds 350 and trans that I picked up for $400. Plus, it should have around 350 ft. lbs. of torque with over 200 h.p. in stock form :banana:

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Honestly I am over the chevy swap in bop cars. Its a two way street just like buick said if someone has a chevy with something else powered by a chevy ( Like a '69 Yenko Camaro with an all aluminum BBP & a five speed behind it ) most likely that person would be upset as well probably ready to shot me. I basically see the same answer's "its cheaper", "its better" same ole scenario. After awhile its get boring looking at the same engine transplant. However, bop parts are more & more available for those that lazy! Look in the back of Car Craft & Hot Rod mags in the ads you can see companies like TAPerformance ( Buick ) Rocket Racing Performance ( Oldsmobile ) and most definitely Butler Performance ( Pontiac ). See, its easy to follow a trend but it takes bollas & commitment to build a unique hot rod in a land of play-it-safers. I've been told by my cousins that I am an idiot because I plan on putting my 425 in my Cutlass. They're full blown chevy freaks & those are the same one's that compare chevy to every damn thing that deals with high performance & that's pretty ignorant imo. Chevy's are cheaper to build if its a small block but, if its a Duramax or a BBC then the price range is in the same neighborhood as any Big Block bop! Plus, why do y'all think GM turn into Government Motors? Some genius thought it was a good idea to put chevy engines into every other brand back in the 80's & that's when the downward spiral begun. Even when they came out with the brand new GTO's I knew that car was gonna pile up on car sale lots. A lot of real Pontiac supporters didn't buy into having their most know car with a chevy engine in it! That's like trying to fix something that wasn't broken lol! The GTO in '64 didn't have a chevy in it so what the hell made them think it was gonna fly with the Pontiac crowd? But, back on the topic I am over the whole crossbred ordeal, no disrespect, if you don't know anything about a Buick, Olds, or Pontiac ya got goole & bing nowadays its easy to take to easy way out. I hope that chevy powered bop better have a $hit load of nitrous & a lot of rpm's for my Olds when I am ready for it to prowl the streets lol!!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
this whole thread is b.s. This is the same idea as the buick v6 guys talking about the 3.8 being superior in every aspect for boosting than a syty 4.3. Just because an engine is used more often (like the sbc) doesn't mean it's 'superior' or that there's an inherent attitude problem with the owner/builder... it just means it's easier to work with, more familiar to most ppl, and maybe a little cheaper in the long run.

I really wouldn't care if I was beat by a sbc or a big inch pontiac or a 3.8t or a turbo quad 4, it makes no difference. It makes the car move.

....btw you can't call youself a purist when you drop a 1970 455 torque monster into an 80's olds smoger 4,000lb luxury coupe that never saw an 18 second 1/4 mile before in its life.

teambop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Its b.s. because I am asking a question? LMAO!!! Hey you know what I am done. I didn't know a bunch of grown men that get their panties in a bunch because a purist speaking his mind! Well guess what I care so that's why I ask the question. IF you don't like the topic don't waste your time reading it!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
teambop said:
Its b.s. because I am asking a question? LMAO!!! Hey you know what I am done. I didn't know a bunch of grown men that get their panties in a bunch because a purist speaking his mind! Well guess what I care so that's why I ask the question. IF you don't like the topic don't waste your time reading it!

this whole thread is b.s., I take it you thought I said you are full of b.s.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
custom442 said:
Just because an engine is used more often (like the sbc) doesn't mean it's 'superior' or that there's an inherent attitude problem with the owner/builder...

The thing is that there is a lot of die hard Chevy guys that have an attitude problem, which can be the same way with B.O.P. guys. Many Chevy guys have no problem calling B.O.P. engines junk compared to a Chevy even when they know nothing about them. This might as well be a Ford vs. Chevy battle, it will never end.

buick252

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 17, 2009
If you like chevy motor good no problem PUT THEM IN YOUR CHEVY BODY. Why are you using our cars to put your motor in thats cool these same people who are talking about B.O.P i love our cars i can see why but i will look for me a vette and put a gnx motor i shoild get plenty of people hating on me. So if y all going to use our body no problem not get upset when i post a pic of a 1970 chevelle number match with a olds 511 motor it shouldnt be a problem.And some asnwer this for me CHEVY ARE KNOW FOR HIGH RPM'S which results in vavle overflow all kinds of problem B.O.P ARE KNOW VERY LOW RPM'S WICH MENAS MORE TORQUE and answers this for me how else can u get off the line u need TORQUE. I know why chevy guys get upset at us B.O.P because we have more torque i have a chevy power regal sbc that motor SUCKS *ss it has a cams,headers,intake,holley 650cfm still sucks i mean chevy its for winning right. But hey instead of people talking about this topic we have people on here who gets a attitude hey people anybody can talk good bs over a keyboard and computer screen watch what hapeen once i post this comment someone will say "hey you dont have no commas, periods lol or chevy is cheaper or easiers. I was told if something cheap you are going to have problem with it so hey chevy guys keeping doing what you do because if you know your histroy about B.O.P pontiac ran away with nascar until nascar told pontiac you are winning too many championship go look it up

cadiac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 15, 2009
Wichita, Ks
10-15 years ago in Car Craft or?? there was a yellow 56 Chev 2dr sedan that by all accounts was another clean old Chev rod. It had a 460 ford in it. A friend told me some years back he went to a all Ford event in another city and a mid-late 70's Corvette rolled in, -yes it had a Ford engine in it. I for awhile had a 56 Chev panel truck with a 57 Chrysler 392 Hemi. I got into the Cadillacs because I hadn't heard of them being used for swaps untill I saw an Ad in a magazine showing a 500 in a 62 ChevyII. Put one in a 70 1/2 pu, -was hooked.It was a blast. Then I put one in my 85 GP that I had bought for a winter car. The V6 was embarrasing and made me cry waiting for it to get up to speed on the interstate. It was a road bullet and tire evaporator when I set the 500 in. Also it got 17-18 MPG. Building a race car with stroked Cad out of it, 526 cid. Have a real clean 83 GP Brougham that I'm gonna put a mild 500 in. 8-10 years ago I also had an 85 Cutlass I put an Olds 455 in, was fun but the Cad GP would have put it in the weeds. Chevys are fine, I got bored with them. Have thought of putting an LT1 into a g body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor