Why I hate Subaru's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
No matter how hip or in style Subarus become, I will not be moved on my choice of rides. When did we stop striving to be classy, stick out for your style and uniqueness, not for clutch dropping your turbo ricer! I do, have always, and will forevermore, own and drive American, V8 powered, 2 door muscle! Mid to late 60's bowties for me, though I have a weakness for the 83-88 SS Montes, having owned at least 2 at any given time these past 20+ years. If/when they put gas tax on all V8's, I'll proudly pay, albeit late..HA. Nothing beats that cammed up flowmaster sound, hittin a lick loud enough that no Subyroo turbo can drown out! BUB-AH-DUH BUB-AH-DUH BUB-AH-DUH BUB-AH-DUHHH WHOOAPAAH If you've ever experienced this, especially having hand built said monster, I don't understand how you could settle for less? Fun, fast, reliable, bah humbug! I've never seen heads snap so quick, seniors fainting in unison, or mothers snatching up babes in full stride, seeking higher ground when a Subaru rounds the bend, bout 3,500 rpm's, sideways in a controlled drift, pipes spittin fire and so much metal flake it still looks wet! Some look at Subarus, ALL stare at American Muscle Cars!
Amen

Reactions: 1 users

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
I totally understand the disdain for boy racer types ripping around in STI's and sh*t but come on man.

I own at Forester XT (Think wagon with an STI engine and 5spd manual box) and I can truly say it is the BEST and most versatile car I have ever owned.

View media item 1670
I think compared to the dude bro, coal rolling, douche baggery types such as in the picture below the Subaru Owners club is vindicated beyond any reasonable doubt. Most aggressive, unsafe, inconsiderate and ******* drivers I see around Toronto and the GTA (I drive +/- 200km a day) seem to be in pickup trucks.

View media item 1669
Remember the flat brim cap is the dunce cap of our generation.
Along with skinny jeans and pink shirts, todays male youth isn't growing into "self made man", more like "not sure I can"

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Along with skinny jeans and pink shirts, todays male youth isn't growing into "self made man", more like "not sure I can"

LOL....Truth^^^ I look at most of the young guys today and wonder if they are batting for the other team. They have lost their masculinity and all appear to want to sing on Glee. I graduated high school in the 80's where any of these pansies would have been the laughing stock for their choice of femmy clothing and hair styles :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
Gl
LOL....Truth^^^ I look at most of the young guys today and wonder if they are batting for the other team. They have lost their masculinity and all appear to want to sink on Glee. I graduated high school in the 80's where any of these pansies would have been the laughing stock for their choice of femmy clothing and hair styles :eek:
Glad to know I'm not the last of our dyinv breed that notices these things. I told my daughter's 14 year old boyfriend about 2 weeks ago did he know why men don't wear skinny jeans, it's because they can't fit in them. Took him a few minutes after trying to convince me my foot would go thru to which I replied my foot isn't the man parts I was referring to. Still not sure he totally got it...lol

OldGG

Apprentice
Oct 11, 2013
WA
Kids like them because they dream of that snow day when school is canceled and they can just get out snow and DRIFT and make snow rooster tails and have the blow off valve popping on every shift as they magically weave their way through all the stuck traffic.

The reality is they'd make it about a block before the short wheelbase gets them and they break a wheel off on a curb and while they are limping it home on 3 wheels, a guy in a Yukon XL 2500 4X4 screams by them in a four wheel drift, flipping them off.

Now thats funny right there, Dont you have a video
with a WRX STi in it ?

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
A few weeks ago while driving on the highway in my Ranger, a rusted out Subaru kept passing me, and I kept repassing him because of his smelly lean exhaust that was burning my eyes. Normally I don't care if people pass me legally, but I did not want to be behind that rusty smudge pot gagging, fix your damn car.

Nov 4, 2012
The BMW thing is funny because it universal. Both genders, any age, any model of BMW, all *ssh*les!

Watch who you're calling an ******* :rant:

IMG_0153.JPG

OP, your narrow-mindedness is showing. Not everyone is going to have a mullet and drive a Joe-Dirt Monte Carlo like you, and that doesn't make them wrong. This entire thread is getting to be discriminatory.

I'm not "Mr. Fairness" or anything but I don't think anyone wants to listen to a bunch of old men complain about how it's not 1950 anymore.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have to agree oldmansmonte. Im 32 and I feel like the only person in my group of friends that has not gone down that road. As I was reading your initial post my buddy sent me a link to a wrx on craigslist with the statement, "I hope my wife will let me buy this." Im thinking to myself, "she doesnt work man!" HAHAHAHHA
I married a very cool lady. So I spotted this red G8 GXP in the local lemon lot. It has a Corvette motor and manual transmission. One of 1829 made. Without batting an eye, she said 'buy it'. Um, what?!? "Your Malibus are sitting under car covers, neither runs. By the time they get self-propelled, our kids will be getting driver's licenses and you won't be able to afford the car insurance. Go. Get it out of your system. And when you get crabby, get the hell out of the house a go for a long drive."

When the third kiddo arrived, my wife's Outback would not fit three car seats. We went to the dealer, and in the six years since she bought hers, Subarus got YUGE - but no bigger on the inside - scratch three car seats. So she got a Honda Pilot instead. I continue to be impressed with that car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor