Why I hate Subaru's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I'm watching you :)

Lol, in all seriousness guys, lets keep it decent here. This thread started out as a decent discussion of cars, lets keep it that way. Carry on. :banana:

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I married a very cool lady. So I spotted this red G8 GXP in the local lemon lot. It has a Corvette motor and manual transmission. One of 1829 made. Without batting an eye, she said 'buy it'. Um, what?!? "Your Malibus are sitting under car covers, neither runs. By the time they get self-propelled, our kids will be getting driver's licenses and you won't be able to afford the car insurance. Go. Get it out of your system. And when you get crabby, get the hell out of the house a go for a long drive."

When the third kiddo arrived, my wife's Outback would not fit three car seats. We went to the dealer, and in the six years since she bought hers, Subarus got YUGE - but no bigger on the inside - scratch three car seats. So she got a Honda Pilot instead. I continue to be impressed with that car.
I've already stated previously about how much fun it is to drive the boosted sti's, but i love my american muscle much more!
In regards to the pilot....that's a pretty damn nice suv. My in laws got one a couple years back, and when my father n law retired he bought a pop up camper. I did some research for him to make sure the pilot wouldn't be overloaded....needless to say we put a hitch on er and away they went. My wife, kids and myself took it camping a few months back and i was surprisingly pleased with how well it pulled the camper! It didn't like being above 65ish as it would sway some even with the anti sway bar hooked, but overall i was impressed. Also, that pilot has damn near 100k on the clock and it purrs like new!

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Now thats funny right there, Dont you have a video
with a WRX STi in it ?

Yes, but that STI was driven by a 60 year old guy who should have known better. Subaru turbos are quick, but they aren't fast. Even the 600 HP WRC prepped versions rarely cruise at 145 mph, so the 305 HP stock versions likely aren't be very comfortable there. I'm sure if I was driving the dude's STI, I wouldn't have been passed by my 2+2 in less than 5 minutes into a 15 minute rally leg, but I also would not have entered the class he entered (trying to average 25 mph faster than he has ever driven on that road). That was pure "I have an STI, I rule the street" cluelessness.

Pick your favorite hilly 2 lane country road. Drive down it once for 55 miles wile averaging 95 mph. Would you ever say "That wasn't that hard, I think I can average 25 mph faster"? Not 5mph, 10mph or even 20mph faster, but 25 mph faster... "I got this" This is EXACTLY what the Subaru STI guy did in my video. Pure cluelessness. The Average HP in the 120mph class at the SORC is over 500 HP, and the Average years driving at the SORC for 120 mph class drivers is over 10 years. STI guy had 305HP and 1.5 years.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Speaking as a fresh adult, having turned 18 this passed September, it makes me physically ill seeing the youth of today. Self absorbed, self centered, skinny jean wearing, katy perry listening pansies. It's just disturbing at the lack of masculinity, integrity, knowledge, about cars or otherwise, and lack of concern for their own well being and their futures. It shames me that my generation is probably gonna be the one to ban rock music for being too aggressive, internal combustion engines for polluting, and no one will be able to have an opinion on anything without being burnt at the stake. Some of these so called "men" are out shopping for jeans tighter than their girlfriend's, and I'm just tinkering away in my garage making sh*t happen.

Attachments

• 14713575_1203457046413469_8328782905182786400_n.jpg
    14713575_1203457046413469_8328782905182786400_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: 1 user

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Okaaaaaay. I've decided to lock this one. I feel like it was headed the wrong direction, less about the cars, more about hating on people instead. Sorry to ruin the fun :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor