Why I hate Subaru's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Must be a regional thing. I live in the Portland area and Subarus are everywhere. They come through my shop daily and I find them to be reliable and super easy to work on. Many going well beyond 200K. I actually think I've run across more *ss-clowns driving Gbodys than Subarus.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
In my area, Subaru drivers often behave like Aholes. Weaving in and out in traffic and speed 40mph over the limit. I have heard their boxer engines are prone to coolant head gasket leaks and they have their own private label HG sealer to pour in the rad that their dealerships sell.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
In my area, Subaru drivers often behave like Aholes. Weaving in and out in traffic and speed 40mph over the limit. I have heard their boxer engines are prone to coolant head gasket leaks and they have their own private label HG sealer to pour in the rad that their dealerships sell.

Tons of that here too. That's what inspired the post. I'm not jealous of a nice car, I like cars. But the totally predictable and redundant bro'd out duchebaggery is getting old. And each time you look at one of the these guys their always the same. It's very apparent this isn't a person who ascended in life to own a $36,000 car, but rather a guy who lives in his moms basement and takes girls on dates there to "Netflix and chill" because all of his wealth is wrapped up in that STI. And when he's on the boulevard he's hell bent on getting the most out of his $568 dollar a month high interest car payment. And that's why he just cut three people off and almost caused a wreck.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I have heard their boxer engines are prone to coolant head gasket leaks and they have their own private label HG sealer to pour in the rad that their dealerships sell.

This is true of the older Subarus. The problem has since been remedied along with their characteristic timing belt/water pump issues. I'm not sure which years are good/bad.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I have had three. the turbo engines don't suffer from the head gasket issues like the n/a cars do. my 98rs needed head gaskets, and so did my 06 outback. my old 04 sti was a beast for what it was.

It's cool to see what modern tech 4 cylinders can do.

Otherwise they were solid cars. I recently bought a 16 Colorado so I'm all domestic in my home now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Mrockatansky

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2016
Toronto
I totally understand the disdain for boy racer types ripping around in STI's and sh*t but come on man.

I own at Forester XT (Think wagon with an STI engine and 5spd manual box) and I can truly say it is the BEST and most versatile car I have ever owned.

View media item 1670
I think compared to the dude bro, coal rolling, douche baggery types such as in the picture below the Subaru Owners club is vindicated beyond any reasonable doubt. Most aggressive, unsafe, inconsiderate and ******* drivers I see around Toronto and the GTA (I drive +/- 200km a day) seem to be in pickup trucks.

View media item 1669
Remember the flat brim cap is the dunce cap of our generation.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Tons of that here too. That's what inspired the post. I'm not jealous of a nice car, I like cars. But the totally predictable and redundant bro'd out duchebaggery is getting old. And each time you look at one of the these guys their always the same. It's very apparent this isn't a person who ascended in life to own a $36,000 car, but rather a guy who lives in his moms basement and takes girls on dates there to "Netflix and chill" because all of his wealth is wrapped up in that STI. And when he's on the boulevard he's hell bent on getting the most out of his $568 dollar a month high interest car payment. And that's why he just cut three people off and almost caused a wreck.

S
I totally understand the disdain for boy racer types ripping around in STI's and sh*t but come on man.

I own at Forester XT (Think wagon with an STI engine and 5spd manual box) and I can truly say it is the BEST and most versatile car I have ever owned.

View media item 1670
I think compared to the dude bro, coal rolling, douche baggery types such as in the picture below the Subaru Owners club is vindicated beyond any reasonable doubt. Most aggressive, unsafe, inconsiderate and ******* drivers I see around Toronto and the GTA (I drive +/- 200km a day) seem to be in pickup trucks.

View media item 1669

In my area the worst are BMW and Honda drivers. I don't see too many customized cars or trucks around here.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY

View media item 1670

View media item 1669

Fair enough. Really like the wagon, I'm a wagon fan. Any 5 speed wagon, especially turbo is f'n bad *ss.

Definitely understand the truck thing. That leads to my next two least favorite car groups:

1) I own a full size v8 pickup truck because my wife won't let me have a Mustang so I put HUGE exhaust on this thing, every unnecessary add on ever and I drive around like a clown every where I go!! GRRRRRR MERICA!

2) The overly tricked out nearly brand new Jeep Wrangler guy or girl. You've got a snorkel on that thing but it looks like it's always spotless and looks like it's never even seen a gravel parking lot. But hey, if the great flood comes you'll be better off than me I guess. And when the snow fly's they drive like total clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor