Why I hate Subaru's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brohammer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
I have to agree oldmansmonte. Im 32 and I feel like the only person in my group of friends that has not gone down that road. As I was reading your initial post my buddy sent me a link to a wrx on craigslist with the statement, "I hope my wife will let me buy this." Im thinking to myself, "she doesnt work man!" HAHAHAHHA

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
I'm on my 2nd forester, a 2002 with 240000kms, my youngest daughter has a 2011 impreza (her second) and her bf a 2012 forester (had 2 wrx's previously) and I worked as a Subaru tech for 5 years. I guess you could say I'm sold on the brand. Wouldn't have anything else other than the Lemans.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Frankly, I'm not that Impreza-ed...
;)

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm 49, no kids and my wife works, but I just found out that I want to be some hipster doofus that doesn't give a rats azz about my g-bodies anymore.....

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Kids like them because they dream of that snow day when school is canceled and they can just get out snow and DRIFT and make snow rooster tails and have the blow off valve popping on every shift as they magically weave their way through all the stuck traffic.

The reality is they'd make it about a block before the short wheelbase gets them and they break a wheel off on a curb and while they are limping it home on 3 wheels, a guy in a Yukon XL 2500 4X4 screams by them in a four wheel drift, flipping them off.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I know there are a lot of people who crap on the Subaru crowd....but until you are behind the wheel of a wrx don't judge. My cousin used to work for Subaru until he moved back home to Chicago( GO CUBS!!!) and on the side we would do add one to wrx's and sti's to people he sold them to. Afterwards we always took them for test drives to ensure the upgrades were working. I can tell you, I love my cutlass and am a true old school rwd muscle car guy....but first hand drag launching an awd compact car putting close to 400 to the ground is an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!
They aren't practical for everyone, but damn they're fun to drive!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Too small, wrong number of doors. Those two mistakes combined make everything subaru makes impractcal for me. Can't get the brz with awd so there's no incentive to abandon a domestic vehicle.

I'm tall and drive with the seat and seat back recline back. Can't deal with havin a pillar against the side of my head.

Now, if they modernized the old awd XT from the 80s I'd give it a look.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I love my frs well my almost Subaru. It has 2.0 boxer engine in it. 125 thousand and is still running strong and it gets up and goes when it needs too. It's not the Subaru most dream of but it is mine But I do have to say I like my gbody much more.
IMG_1254.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
i know the type your describing and a person that embodies it.

as a matter of personal taste i find them to be dorky and generic. i dont question their quality but i personally dont get it when people view them as really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor