Why is G-Body sheet metal so hard to come by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
Why don't the major sheet metal companys make parts for the g-bodies?
I have two bad doors and need some major work if I can't find decent replacement doors! WTF?!?! The market is out there... Everytime I call a company it's like I'm asking for their first born!?! What's the problem??

:wtf:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
What car do you have? Some G body cars do have a pretty good amount that you can buy.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
they dont even make a complete door skin, only a lower door skin half.

now someone DOES make fiberglass doors but you dont want that, its basically for race cars and lexan glass use only.

your best bet is to hit the junkyards in your area OR...do a search on ebay or simply look around on this forum in the for sale section.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
All about location...pull a part here is full of Regal, Cutlass Grand prix stuff. Malibu coupe / Camino , hardly ever. Monte occasionally.

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
Ribbedroof said:
All about location...pull a part here is full of Regal, Cutlass Grand prix stuff. Malibu coupe / Camino , hardly ever. Monte occasionally.
Where are you at? I might have to take a road trip!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The yard I go to has easily 60 or so Cutlass's of all the different body styles, probably 25 Regals, 1 Malibu (It was a wagon that was rough, but nicer than the one that I drove there :lol: same color too), 1 Bonne wagon that was way to nice to be in the yard, and 2 elkys. Good thing I'm a Cutlass guy...

All the Malibu's and Monte's get snatched up for circle track racing.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i'd love to have that bonneville wagon from that junkyard.

ive only seen ONE ever in my life. i think they're a great looking car but the GP's alone are ignored and treated like a red headed stepchild so that wagon would have to be immaculate.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
BrownGP83 said:
Ribbedroof said:
Where are you at? I might have to take a road trip!

Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor