Why Is GBF So Laid Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
And what a difference just 12 years makes. I'm not even certain which forum I was on then. Oldspower maybe? But, every aspect of my project from trying to get a big block to run on the rudimentary 87 ECM and the CCC, trying to actually get lean burn to work for fuel efficiency, to putting high flow cats in the true dual exhaust, using the 200-4R, on and on, I was a complete moron. All true of course . . . But it worked and quite well not that anyone here would know since I've had it scattered since I joined. But, back then, younger, stronger egos, etc, it was still all about making and hooking up maximum power in a straight line old school crap not to mention all the wonderful new toys available now for making these things actually turn and stop too. Suspension, brake, wheel, tire, weight reduction and front/rear balancing techniques, aerodynamics . . . a whole new wonderful world in many ways certainly helps too.

Since I've bitten off a bit too much with the surprises uncovered in my build thread that may end up doubling my schedule, I've almost regretted starting it now. But, when your rear end and body bushings are nearly toast, it wasn't long for the world anyway as is and better to learn it in my garage than 1/2 way to one coast or the other. Speaking of which . . . an opportunity to drive to the Baltimore area in mid-late August to meet with relatives and pick up a new puppy [1,2,3 Ahhhhh!] has me starting a new push to see if it could be done in my G car? Would like to stop by UMI on the northern route way there and probably come back through West Virginia and Kentucky just to see different country. I think the 67 would make it but, at 12-14mpg and leaking probably an oil change worth of oil on the trip, I think I want to keep that car local until after the G car is back, then pull the motor on it, and fix it properly. At 18-20mpg in the 87, maybe a bit more with the new 3.42s out back, at least I can make the next potty stop in it before I have to get gas . . .

And, if I don't get her done or severely spiking fuel prices, I can always take the wife's Audi minus stopping at UMI, but where's the challenge in that?

Reactions: 1 users

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
Probably because that this is just a hobby.And we all just want to have fun with it,

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor