why side pipes only belong on the vette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I know some people like them and they sound "good "but i'm sorry i can no longer keep my mouth shut. I think they kill the lines and good looks of any G body. Why? Why do people do it? if they want to be different then why not do something else? IMO the stingrays were the only car they looked good on. No not even the cobra really made them look good. What's next? mudflaps, stacks, horns on the hood? truck tires? I just don't get it.

I might make someone mad but i would rather see a G body turned into a donk then have mud flaps and side pipes or a lift kit. At least it's just a really tall G body.

thoughts? opinions?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
to be different then why not do something else

and do what someone else does? it's not different.
honestly i've only heard of one other g-body putting them on. personally i like the look but will be getting rid of them when i lower the car. they work fine at stock height but not with a 3" drop. if i could figure out a way to get clearance back and keep them tucked in close i'd keep 'em.
what do sidepipes have to do with trucks? or truck type mods?

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
i don't hate the cars just the look. they do not make sense to me. and i was giving what i thought was the bad mods list. ya know mud flaps, mud tires, horns on the hood, rebel flag on the roof, dukes of hazzard horns on a G body, type R stickers. Ya know stupid crap. Nothing against you. They just don't make sense to me. They must kill the clearance and if you have been down south the are on all of them. I was in Texas and saw lots of camaro and G bodys with sidepipes.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
type R stickers. Ya know stupid crap

round here every import is a vtec, type r, turbo, 500hp, 3000 stickers, ground dragging low, 17 colors...i know what you're talking about.
i don't take offense,it's your opinion. and you're definately right about it killing clearence!

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
I have small flaps on my car to protect my paint from rocks etc.
They used to say Oldsmobile in nice script but it wore off.
They are invisible to me now,I think they're barely noticable.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I would like to admit now that all sidepipe are not created equal. I have to admit i like the hidden side pipe. In fact i forgot about the hidden sidepipe GFX from Lauren's engineering. I would even venture to say i like it.... alot.

open mouth and insert foot. Hidden side pipes, good. Exposed chrome, not for me.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Mega, do you have any pics of the sidepipe setup?

I'm indifferent on them. I saw them on an 80 Monte and they looked good to me, but each case is different.

I think it would get pretty boring looking at cars if they were all the same though.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
once it warms up outside. right now the tarp over the car is frozen to the ground. i still have to put the heat shields on and adjust a few things but i'll post up the crap pics i have.

the set up has been improved so it doesn't sit right under the pan.
hey if anyone wants to but them i'll sell you everything but the clamps for $185 plus shipping. or if you're w/in 2 hrs of me i can deliver for gas money. they just won't fit with the mods i'm going to make.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
I believe that side pipes also belong on ridiculous looking vans.

mk14uf4.jpg

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
I think side pipes look good on the montes but I dont think they look right on the rest of the Gbodies. also I think side pipes look awesome on certain wagons as well.

But.... I dont understand how one can compare sidepipes on a Gbody to type r stickers on ricers?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor