Will a lq4 with stock truck intake fit under hood of my 1986

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsantino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2014
Will an lq4 6.0 out of a 2002 Yukon fit under the hood of my 1986 Monte ss. I've seen posts that the stock truck intake produces better than a ls6 intake. It is ugly but it wouldn't cost me any more $$. If the truck intake is too tall would a hood with a 2" cowl fix a possible clearance issue?

toddoky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2014
Re: Will a lq4 with stock truck intake fit under hood of my

The answer to your question depends on the specific type/ brand of engine mounting brackets you use. The new Hooker G-body LS swap brackets will allow the truck intake and alternator to clear the stock hood without any cutting of the hood required.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011

Sloppy Mechanics on Youtube used the stock truck intake on a Malibu wagon he did with the stock hood just had to notch the hoods frame. It really depends on mounts mainly

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan

jsantino said:
Will an lq4 6.0 out of a 2002 Yukon fit under the hood of my 1986 Monte ss. I've seen posts that the stock truck intake produces better than a ls6 intake. It is ugly but it wouldn't cost me any more $$. If the truck intake is too tall would a hood with a 2" cowl fix a possible clearance issue?

Yes, according to other posts on LS1 and MCSS forum, you can use Dirty Dingo or Spohn mounts with the truck intake.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011

Are those the new Holley mounts everyone's been talking about? They must work pretty good everyone's treating them like angels lol :rofl:

I hope they work pretty good for you. I think it was the previous set Holley made that everyone complained they couldn't get the motor out after dropping one in and i guess these new ones were supposed to fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor