Woody Beach Cruiser or Grand National?

Fake Woody or Grand National Look on CaliWagon83's Regal Estate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks! Yeah, it is pretty clean, considering its age. My main objective initially is getting it running consistently and reliably. Probably going to need to de-gunk the carb, and put some fresh gas and fluids in it. The one thing that kind of bugs me, assuming I keep it looking as-is, is where to find the molding strip to go around the front fender. The body shop that did the repair at the time couldn't locate one, so they kind of improvised and put some pinstriping tape around the woodgrain. Any ideas on where to find that piece would be appreciated!

for the carb you can soak it in a bucket of diesel fuel, that will eat the gunk and carbon and won't harm the seals

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I'll take whole car as-is with the wood grain. I have an uncut 455 in the garage that needs a new car.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
What is it currently powered by?
The dog 3.8L 231 2-bbl V-6 and 3-speed TH200. The 49-state RPO was LD5, but the CA engine code was LC6. It definitely ain't no fireball. Even when new, it was gutless. New engine is definitely on the list, but I don't know what direction I want to go with that yet. Part of me wants to do a turbo V-6 (either GN 3.8 or Caddy 3.6 TT, LF3 or LF4). Everyone's telling me just to drop in an LS and be done with it, but I kind of want to do something different.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I'll just leave this here.... lol
IMG_0846.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Woody Beach Cruiser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would maybe do the front clip swap with an 87' Regal keeping the woodgrain and chrome for now and later if you decide to change the look you could either make it a T-type or GN, of course you do need the power under the hood any way you go.

• Agree

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
What I'm gonna do to my regal wagon is coupe front clip and sbo with 2004r trans and lower it and drive it
So you know what I'm gonna say

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
The dog 3.8L 231 2-bbl V-6 and 3-speed TH200. The 49-state RPO was LD5, but the CA engine code was LC6. It definitely ain't no fireball. Even when new, it was gutless. New engine is definitely on the list, but I don't know what direction I want to go with that yet. Part of me wants to do a turbo V-6 (either GN 3.8 or Caddy 3.6 TT, LF3 or LF4). Everyone's telling me just to drop in an LS and be done with it, but I kind of want to do something different.
Twins on an LS with a stock turbo hood and that car is perfect! I wish they'd make slicks that look like an old Sears wether guard with the skinny white wall even the rims on it are perfect I'd only like it better if it was a mint green Woody Cutlass wagon but that's just me I guess

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Twins on an LS with a stock turbo hood and that car is perfect! I wish they'd make slicks that look like an old Sears wether guard with the skinny white wall even the rims on it are perfect I'd only like it better if it was a mint green Woody Cutlass wagon but that's just me I guess

A turbo LS would be awesome, but here in Commiefornia, my options are limited. Cost no object, an LS9 or LT4 would be amazing. Still kind of want to keep it a six, since that was Buick’s schtick in the ‘80s.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
A turbo LS would be awesome, but here in Commiefornia, my options are limited. Cost no object, an LS9 or LT4 would be amazing. Still kind of want to keep it a six, since that was kind of Buick’s schtick in the ‘80s.
I get it but it's a Buick it's got to have a hair dryer, heritage and all as far as the look I think it just needs a hood and some stickys

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor