Woody Beach Cruiser or Grand National?

Fake Woody or Grand National Look on CaliWagon83's Regal Estate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I agree with 565 and tuff, throw the coupe nose on it, turbo hood, and woody it! I really love the look of it as is, but the final call is ultimately yours...

as for power, I'd say olds or buick 350 to start, and an o/d trans....

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I agree with 565 and tuff, throw the coupe nose on it, turbo hood, and woody it! I really love the look of it as is, but the final call is ultimately yours...

as for power, I'd say olds or buick 350 to start, and an o/d trans....
That would be cool but he has those California rules to follow

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Without knowing Kalifornia's rules exactly, I do know they permit newer engines in older chassis. That pretty much points to an LS based combo. I've lost track of the hot lick these days; I don't know much beyond the LT4 supercharged Camaro(?).

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The GN wagon is cool, but it's been done before. I would leave it largely like it is cosmetically. I would focus on cleaning it up and making it run/handle/drive/stop the best I could. In other words make it perform well and fun to drive. I would only do subtle mods to the appearance like the wheel you showed to get 17's on it but still look like it belongs on there. Maybe slight lowering. A GN style side exit dual exhaust, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
fleming442 the rules are basically newer engine in older chassis. Of course, California being California, that also means you have to transfer over all the smog equipment from the new engine. So yeah, basically anything 1984+ is allowable. Engines didn't start getting good again until the early '90s, IMHO. My wish is still a turbo six of some sort, but may ultimately go LS. We'll see. First step is to get it where it runs, drives & stops reliably. Hopefully won't take too much. It's been a runner most of its life.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That car looks far too nice as-is, I wouldn't change a thing on the outside, except maybe the rims you mentioned...
Oh, and the '78-'80 turbo coupe hood will fit your wagon... a nice addition if you can find one in your area.
Since you're a hostage to CA emissions, an LS swap is going to be your best option.

If you really want to build a GN wagon, the only way to do it is with an '86-'87 turbo 6 and coupe front end.
The Buick I have for sale would be a perfect candidate to swap its homely nose for GN parts!
21077777_10159326418085387_8203033868215573331_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
run it!! another black car?? yawn..when was the last time you saw another car like that? not likely.freshen it up a bit and drive the wheels off it.it'd be a shame to change that car..

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor