work list

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ok well i called my buddy and he says the trans fluid is good. so now i just gotta find a way to get under the car without getting wet from all this rain.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ok now i dont have to worry about rain, because its SNOWING... :x im thinking the trans isnt working right because of linkage, something i could prolly easily fix, if i could find some place to do it becides the parking lot here at home. damn weather, i thought its supposed to be global warming dammit :blam:

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
beermonkey9417 said:
ok now i dont have to worry about rain, because its SNOWING... :x

:rofl: :rofl:
I don't know why im laughing, i just got sh*t on by the weather too. Over the weekend it was in the 60's! im here in western PA, and then last night BAM, 10 inchs.

I have a growing pile of almost 4K in suspension/brakes/steering parts that i feel like i'll never get on the car!

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ive been looking at wheels, and after seeing what limey got for his car i want some 10 inch wide rims and tires too! i was looking at these but i dunno if the b.s. is right for my car. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/USW-55-5734L/ these are the ones i want, so will they fit? thanx in advance.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
With a fat tire you prolly won't want anymore than 4" of backspace.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
well ive benn driving my elky around on my days off, and now.......... i burned out the trans :blam: . i was driving it around and after about 1/2 hour out of nowhere the trans starts slipping really bad until i get up to speed. then the next light as im trying to limp it home, POOF! white smoke from under the car. i turn off the engine and shift it into whats left of netural and push it to the side of the road, called the tow truck and now i cant afford the center console and the rims i want. yay....well i know where my next few paychecks are going :| oh and i forget, if i go from a th350 to the 2004r is the drive shaft length the same? i sure as sh*t hope so....and that was my monday
l.jpg

i also found this under the hood, whats this thing?
l.jpg

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
hey beermonkey, go for the 2004r swap for sure if this is the car with that 4.11 rear gear. I've never found a 307 sbc in a junkyard its one of the only engines I haven't come across, where did you find it? (not that I want one, just never seen one)

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
the 307 sbc in my elky is from a 71 camaro, but i was told its was a 350. aparently its a common mistake to mix up the 2. so remember kid, get the block casting # before ya believe what anyone says.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
beermonkey9417 said:
the 307 sbc in my elky is from a 71 camaro, aparently its a common mistake to mix up the 2. so remember kid, get the block casting # before ya believe what anyone says.

That's probably why, all the old camaros gt picked up around here. Usually check casting numbers whenever I come across something weird I have a little part number sheet, just in case I hit the lottery :roll: . lol whose a kid I'm 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor