Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
newb said:
That rear bumper looks awesome! Makes me want to narrow mine lol.
Thanks man!
Your bumpers look to be in nice shape. I'd personally leave 'em alone. My fillers were shot, the chrome was bad, and the rear bumper had rust coming thru. It was a"no brainer" for me.
Just my opinion. :)

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I wonder if there is a fiberglass bumper being made? Not a roll pan, but a bumper? Gonna have to giggle that, er google.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
I know there's fiberglass front (Malibu) bumpers being made, and narrowed ones, I believe. As for the rear, there's also (Malibu) fiberglass rear bumpers made, but not for wagons and Elkys.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
In my other post, I found lauren engineering makes a stock style rear glass bumper. Just an FYI.. Oh, and I will get those pictures of the 3rd fbody pics on the door, just been super busy. lol

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Jim,
. I just looked at Lauren's site. The rear bumper that they offer is a bumper cover used with the stock reinforcement bar. It also looks like it fits with their ground effects package. .and requires that you remove the bumper fillers, like their roll pan.

Whenever you get a chance, I'd like to see what the F-body window sweeps look like. Thanks man.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jack, did you look at the el Camino rear bumper? That is the one I was referring too. It is listed as a stock replacement. I'll get those pics to you a days.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
D'uh.. :? I didn't even think of looking there...what was I thinking? Thanks Jim. :)

* I found it. It's not cheap though. It's not narrowed, and it needs to be attached with bumper bolts like the stock bumper. No rust out problems either.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Right you are sir. But, it is easier to narrow, no chrome to remove, no rust either. It is 200 bucks plus shipping though. The color and I am painting my car, I need to have everything I want now to the color matches. I am seriously thinking about buying it. I have a roll pan with the plate in it, but I am still undecided if that is what I want. :?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I guess you're right about working with fiberglass as opposed to metal. Fiberglass would be easier to cut and shape, and more forgiving if you make a mistake.
The roll pan doesn't look that bad, but I think I'd still lean towards the bumper. You could always sell the roll pan I suppose.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I was fitting my hood...bending and some tweaking. It's finally starting to come closer to my liking. I still have to dial in the gaps a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor