Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Oldsmoletick said:
silent_orchestra said:
I'll start a thread when I get off work, with some pics..

Boost is sweet! And with one of the older McCulloch/Paxton blowers the engines don't need much modification.. I've seen plenty on stock engines (though most 50's engines had low comp.) Here's a build thread on a '51 Rambler on a hot rod site I'm on a lot... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=520340

Turbo's are a good option too! And the 455 would be sweet! But if you wanna play with an inline with some good after market support things to check out would be 300 Fords, 250 Chevy's, and Slant Six Mopars.. lots of cool parts (I have a thing for inlines, always wanted a 250 in a G-body Malibu), and they all respond well to boost.... lots of boost.. (if you want to see some interesting turbo set ups research Ak Miller, he used to sell custom turbo kits back in the day)

Here's another type of boost that pretty damn cool.. A Galaxie with a Latham Super Charger, and a Turbonique Drag Axle (small jet engine attached to the rear diff) http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... turbonique

Spent a while checking those out, that rambler is awesome, course I am an amc guy of sorts, hahaha. An inline would be cool, economy wise vs the bigblock, I'd have to go AMC if I did an inline though, 258 with a 4.0 head and cam, quadrajet, and they rip pretty decent (I'll be doing this to me eagle probably next year, lol). I have seen small blips about the thrust axles before, but had completely forgot about them, lol, very interesting read.

nothin' wrong with AMC power!! I had a chance to get an early 70's 401 but they scrapped the car before I could get to it... That would have been a sweet engine in a little hot rod..

The Eagle sounds cool too! love the 258's and 4.0L's....

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
silent_orchestra said:
nothin' wrong with AMC power!!

How about an AMC blue Pontiac engine? Probably doesn't sit well with the purists but I love the color!

1978GrandPrix062.jpg

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
gk666 said:
firstly hood gauges are badass as ****... its oldschool and awesome, even though it looks stupid....

What an odd statement to make. So to you, badass means looking stupid? :?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
G-Body_Vet said:
silent_orchestra said:

How about an AMC blue Pontiac engine? Probably doesn't sit well with the purists but I love the color!

1978GrandPrix062.jpg

It is a nice color 8)

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
G-Body_Vet said:
silent_orchestra said:

1978GrandPrix062.jpg

cool color, BAD *ss valve covers!

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
gk666 said:
firstly hood gauges are badass as ****... its oldschool and awesome, even though it looks stupid.... i saw a regal gnx with a boost gauge on the hood a couple weeks ago, i almost pissed myself.... jesus being reborn or lazarus or whomever... dont give a ****.... gnx with boost awesomeness totally ****ing awesome also

its all about being a badass haha.... it was 115 degrees one day last week and the days around it were like 104 and 107... i road with my window down because the refreshing outside air is way better than the asthmatic cough from my flimsy vents.... those floppy vents piss me off so much i just wanna put tachs in all of them.... speaking of vents and awful mods.... lets talk factory equipment.... WTF was gm thinking when they made the last vent on the passenger side plastic airbag trim lower than the first one jesus ****ing christ how does that look appropriate at all... other than that and body kits i really dont care what you do with your car... im really nit picky so my criticism isnt fair.... i ****in hate everything
How about we try to tone the fowl language down a notch :roll:

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
i agree with ritter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor