Re: Worst modification you can make to a g body

nycutlass said:
G-Body_Vet said:
tc1959 said:
Fowl language ? like what "Thunderbird, Firebird, Big bird, KFC". :rofl: :rofl:
(sorry i can't help my self)

Nope. SUPERBIRD!
1970 plymouth "superbird" car was a great car for its time lol

They were so great, that most sat unsold on the lots, and many were even converted back into regular Road Runners by the dealerships in an effort to get them to sell... :lol: I still want one though...

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
DoubleV said:
gk666 said:
firstly hood gauges are badass as ****... its oldschool and awesome, even though it looks stupid....

What an odd statement to make. So to you, badass means looking stupid? :?

The only hood gauges I like are the old school hood tachs, other than that, they are retarded.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
And here's one that goes with all cars. When someone changes the body color, but not the door jambs, trunk, wheel wells, or engine bay.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Phoenyx said:
And here's one that goes with all cars. When someone changes the body color, but not the door jambs, trunk, wheel wells, or engine bay.

Oh boy. I hate that so much. Previous owner got a maaco job. Door jams and trunk, under Hood and all That got painted. But they left some of the stupidest spots the original color. Drives me crazy Haha. Another one, when people cut up perfectly good fenders to stuff big wheels In there, in my case it wasn't event really necessary.

hotrodoldsman

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2010
RITTER said:
How about screwing a 5" monster tach into the side of your original dash :rofl:

Installing a ratchet shifter with a bench seat and realizing its out of reach (for comfort) :lol:
I hope your not knockin the 5" monster tach! I agree with people having a self-tapping-screw-fest on their nice not cracked dash. Thats why I made this fancy shmancy bracket for my monster tach! :roll: :mrgreen: Kinda hard to see in this picture though...
7209040098_large.jpg

I also Greatly dislike removing the heater box from anything but a race only car, I dont care as much about the A/C(obviously thats not on mine either, thats what the T-Tops are for), but having a fuctioning heater is almost a must if your get caught in the rain or even just dring home on a damp night. I also thing those block off plates kinda look cheesy, theres really no way to make it look right, anyone can walk up to the engine compartment and tell its been messed with. If you need more room, as I did(and as I said, I was OK losing the A/C evaporator), remove that section and reshape the box, my heat still works great! :mrgreen:

7209040092_large.jpg

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
hotrodoldsman said:
RITTER said:
How about screwing a 5" monster tach into the side of your original dash :rofl:

Installing a ratchet shifter with a bench seat and realizing its out of reach (for comfort) :lol:
I hope your not knockin the 5" monster tach! I agree with people having a self-tapping-screw-fest on their nice not cracked dash. Thats why I made this fancy shmancy bracket for my monster tach! :roll: :mrgreen: Kinda hard to see in this picture though...
7209040098_large.jpg

I also Greatly dislike removing the heater box from anything but a race only car, I dont care as much about the A/C(obviously thats not on mine either, thats what the T-Tops are for), but having a fuctioning heater is almost a must if your get caught in the rain or even just dring home on a damp night. I also thing those block off plates kinda look cheesy, theres really no way to make it look right, anyone can walk up to the engine compartment and tell its been messed with. If you need more room, as I did(and as I said, I was OK losing the A/C evaporator), remove that section and reshape the box, my heat still works great! :mrgreen:

7209040092_large.jpg
That engine is sweet!! but 1 thing, and just a question really.. I saw in another thread you used a set of electric fans out of a caravan (i think)... why not a something like a spal or flexalite dual fan set up? a set of trick fans would look great with that engine.... (I've built a couple cool aluminium shrouds for dual fan set ups..)

couple other things? how do you like your heads? and what intake are you running? and are those hooker super comps?? toh and those valve covers are sweeeeeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor