Wrecked LS1 T56 Z28 - what do you think? Look..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
There's a guy here selling a wrecked 2002 camaro Z28 LS1 with T56. I'm thinking of a engine/transmission swap for my 1979 Monte Carlo.

What do you think of it?

z281.jpg

z282.jpg

MVC-001F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-003F.jpg

MVC-004F.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

I'm kinda afraid if the engine is okay? Afraid it took a direct hit on the crank pulley or so..

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
you know I'm in Germany and those wrecked things are very rare. Even more the LS1 engines are hard to find over here. I just found it and it made me thinking ;)

I didn't see the car in person, these are pics the seller sent me. He told me the car doesn't run because the radiator is damaged

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the engine looks like it's been pushed into the firewall and the picture of the interior shows that shifter appears to be down and pushed to the rear. I wouldn't touch that engine unless your going to strip it down and have the block and heads magnafluxed and all the components checked for damage

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
yep, I'd stay away from it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
MMMMMM.....Mini Cooper Sport Pack..... and is that a VW Polo GTI? Oh wait... what were we talking about? The Camaro? It would depend on if the crank was hit or the engine pushed backwards.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I'd buy it. In the states, ls1/t56 pullouts alone sell for well over $4K. you can recover a lot of money from seats, t-tops, dash, doors, rear, sheet metal, etc. assuming that there is a market for those parts over there.

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
Camaro

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
MMMMMM.....Mini Cooper Sport Pack..... and is that a VW Polo GTI? Oh wait... what were we talking about? The Camaro? It would depend on if the crank was hit or the engine pushed backwards.
It is a POLO GT ! Model 86C . The MIni seems to be something like that..
So ? Where are these cars lokated ? The Mini would maybe be interesting for me ;-)
I am in Germany , too.
Where are you from ?
Gruss , Carsten (Dortmund)

gasmachine85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2009
pontiacgp said:
the engine looks like it's been pushed into the firewall and the picture of the interior shows that shifter appears to be down and pushed to the rear. I wouldn't touch that engine unless your going to strip it down and have the block and heads magnafluxed and all the components checked for damage

Im comparing these pictures to pictures of my 99 Z/28. I dont think it was pushed back at all. biggest thing Id look at is the crank pulley. if it hasnt been hit or only very lightly it should be fine. Very good engines lots of power for little money. It also has the 243 heads and ls6 intake since its a 2000. Good deal imho and I know late model gm. Like was previously stated, inerior t-tops and all that other jaz emmissions and what not will bring in some good cash. And if its an origional euro car the tail lights alone will go for about 300 alone in the states if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor