Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltcola

Apprentice
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI
Chris Van said:
Olds guy here too.....
BUT my 83 does have a Chevy engine in it. I have others with Olds engines and the 83 also had a 455 in it at one time but due to my budget restraints (lack of funds) the 455 did not run fast enough to be competetive in the class I run in so back in went the 406 small block Chevy. Believe me, it was cool to see that Olds 455 in there, and maybe one day I can afford to build a good one like I want that will run what I want it to. But until then, none of the purist are gonna hurt my feelings over me enjoying my car and doing exactly what I want to do with it how I want to do it.

about how much money do u have to invest in a 455 to get it to run good times? The guy who owned my buick 455 said it would run 15's consistent. Spins the tires for the first 1/8 mile then takes off.....I wouldtn mind getting her down into 12's or lower if possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor