Wtf new gaskets?

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
I had a 63 Dodge 440 model and the same thing happened when I replaced the door weatherstrip. Closed the doors and left it out in the Dallas Heat for a weak. Nothing changed. They just dont make them of the same material.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
I replaced my weatherstripping on my driver door and body, now the door is hard to close and my top of the door gap is off. How the hell can gaskets ruin my door gap? This car is all original and the door gaps were perfect beforehand. My door pins are fine and my latch is fine
When you say the door gap is off at the top, do you mean the gap between the door and quarter panel, or the gap around the glass?

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
When you say the door gap is off at the top, do you mean the gap between the door and quarter panel, or the gap around the glass?
Either way if you replaced the seal that runs up the A-pillar along the underside of the roof and down the B-pillar (the one the glass seals against) you are more than likely going to have to pull the door panel off so you can access the bolts at the adjustment points which allow adjustment of the glass in/out. I’m going to guess you will need to adjust it so it is angled outward at the top so that there isn’t excessive pressure on the glass when the door is closed with the new seal, which is going to be thicker/stiffer and prevent the glass and/or door from closing in the same position as with the old, flattened and worn out seal

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Either way if you replaced the seal that runs up the A-pillar along the underside of the roof and down the B-pillar (the one the glass seals against) you are more than likely going to have to pull the door panel off so you can access the bolts at the adjustment points which allow adjustment of the glass in/out. I’m going to guess you will need to adjust it so it is angled outward at the top so that there isn’t excessive pressure on the glass when the door is closed with the new seal, which is going to be thicker/stiffer and prevent the glass and/or door from closing in the same position as with the old, flattened and worn out seal
In my case even with the glass down the door didn't close without excessive force.

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
The gap to my quarter panel. The top part of my door where it meets the quarter now sits deeper than the rest of the door. It makes no sense

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
I got it pretty close, I can’t get the glass where it Bends at the a pillar and goes along the roof rail. I just cannot get it to seal. And if I want it to seal better I have to close the door and then roll the window up. And my door to quarter panel on the top of the door now sits in farther it’s weird

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
Source of the weather stripping? Even .5mm thicker over stock multiplied over several inches adds up.

Double check your install. And double check (compare) your replacement stripping with the old. Somewhere in there you have added to the thickness and door won't close properly, as noted.
Metro weatherstripping that goes along the actual door and I forgot the brand of the upper weather stripping

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
the aftermarket weather stripping is not so good ... after i got my doors to close good i adjusted the glass the best i could get and could not get it to seal by the roof at all so i took out the weatherstrip on the a pillar and roof moved the channels closer to the door glass and drilled new holes

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
the aftermarket weather stripping is not so good ... after i got my doors to close good i adjusted the glass the best i could get and could not get it to seal by the roof at all so i took out the weatherstrip on the a pillar and roof moved the channels closer to the door glass and drilled new holes
I genuinely have no idea how i did it but i got the window to fully seal all the way, room 5 days of messing with it

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I genuinely have no idea how i did it but i got the window to fully seal all the way, room 5 days of messing with it
I'm curious what messing you had to do. What adjustments did you end up making with the glass (I assume) to get the seal better?

Hutch

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor