Wtf new gaskets?

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
the aftermarket weather stripping is not so good ... after i got my doors to close good i adjusted the glass the best i could get and could not get it to seal by the roof at all so i took out the weatherstrip on the a pillar and roof moved the channels closer to the door glass and drilled new holes
Drilled new holes in what?

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
I'm curious what messing you had to do. What adjustments did you end up making with the glass (I assume) to get the seal better?

Hutch
First I realized that I didn’t tuck the weatherstripping behind that window tab that sticks out (causing the gasket to be kinda popping out) I went around and re pushed the gasket into its grooves there was one spot where it was a little out. It makes a world of a difference when your weatherstripping is 100 percent seated perfectly. I then went it did the normal adjusting and don’t forget the window tilt adjustment, there’s a big open hole on the left side of the door panel, you have to sit on the ground to see it it’s 2 bolts. I would then get it close to where it would be and make TINY adjustments accordingly. I also noticed some adjustments don’t really make that much of a difference and sometimes they work very very weird, sometimes it will do the opposite of what it’s supposed to do. I got the hang of what does what very well just because I sat there for 4 days messing with it. But it now seals PERFECTLY, no gaps nothing it’s airtight. I will tell you it’s almost impossible to have the window rolled up and you close the door and it seals perfectly. The issue is you’ll end up sitting in the car adjusting the window and get it perfect, but when you open the door and close it it will seal differently than if you sat in the car and rolled it up if that makes any sense. Keep in mind they are frameless windows so they are bound to be a major pain in the *ss. It’s not fun, I had an 85 Monte Carlo with power window issues.

Reactions: 2 users

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
I'm curious what messing you had to do. What adjustments did you end up making with the glass (I assume) to get the seal better?

Hutch
Also I noticed you really have to predict what is going to change what, everything on the adjustments work together. I had to change every single adjustment on my window. Including the guides. I kinda had to assume I had one adjustment good and move onto the other, I got it really really close and realized the window guides (the felt ones) could be pushed in, after I did that it was perfect. Was not an easy process at all though.

Reactions: 1 users

jcelk

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2014
rocknrod i was referring to the channels that hold the weatherstripping in on the a pillar and roof i could not get the glass to go in on the top enough to touch the weather stripping so i moved the channels out [ they are held in with screws ] i then drilled new screw holes using a socket as a depth gauge as to not go through the roof

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor