YaoGuaiCutlass - 1986 Cutlass Supreme Brougham Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Looks almost identical to the 85 brougham I used to have in highschool, even missing the rocker bit mine was!!
Great stroke of luck on the motor. I grew up in the back of a 76 cutless with a 350 rocket that my dad put headers on and removed the offset timing key. I used to goat my mom into racing mustangs on the way home from the grocery store :D
cant wait to see the progress

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Make sure you have premium in the tank. Good luck. I grew up in the back of a 75 Cutlass known as the beast.

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
the ghoul said:
Looks almost identical to the 85 brougham I used to have in highschool, even missing the rocker bit mine was!!
Great stroke of luck on the motor. I grew up in the back of a 76 cutless with a 350 rocket that my dad put headers on and removed the offset timing key. I used to goat my mom into racing mustangs on the way home from the grocery store :D
cant wait to see the progress

I wish my mom was cool like that with cars, but I can see her concern due to my prior driving experience :twisted:

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
olds307 and 403 said:
Make sure you have premium in the tank. Good luck. I grew up in the back of a 75 Cutlass known as the beast.

Got that premium ready to go for today. An thanks! :D

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Hey everyone, I am wondering about torque converters and what ones fit a TH350 Transmission other than the stock one. I have a 2-Speed Jetaway torque converter and a toque converter from a TH200 (?). Will one of those fit? I am looking for something to help with the power of that motor posted above.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The TH 200 will not fit and probably no for the Jetaway one. I would look for something higher stall anyways, probably in the 2200-2500 range. They are quite cheap for the TH350/400 compared to the lock up 2004R converters. Do it once, do it right. I have had luck with the basic PATC Raptor torque converters but I would get the next one up with your torque. Don't get the base model 400 hp my *ss Oregon Performance trans high stall. I got the 2000-2600 stall, flashed at 2400 and imploded with slicks at the track. I love that Olds exhaust note :D, just unique.

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Long time, no post. Anyways, back to business. We have recently installed the bored .30 over Olds 350 Rocket in with a Turbo-350 transmission. Right now all that needs done before the Cutlass can be mobile (at least for Car night at Quaker Steak & Lube) is Headers & exhaust, radiator, transmission lines, transmission linkage, detent cable, and throttle cable.

A little bit more: I bought a 1987 Jeep Cherokee mudder. The clutch slipped and i smashed it into the back of the Cutlass. :( I am now looking for a trunk lid and the lights. Everything else is solid. What I need to do body-wise is new doors (mine are rusted to hell), new hood, new trunk lid, patch body is areas.

As for the frame (if any of you remember, it's partially rotted away), I have a 1983 El Camino that the body was in completely hell, almost all gone. the frame was all good. Well, the other day my dad got hit in it and so now it's mine again and I will be either using that frame (as it has an Olds 350 in it) or if the frame's bent, using the rear part of the frame instead.

As for interior I am still looking for the burgundy center console and the speedometer with the tachometer.

I will post pictures here soon of my progress since August.

YaoGuaiCutlass

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Here are some photo's from the other day.

Attachments

• DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 502
  • DSC00172.JPG
    DSC00172.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 496

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
Updates? How is the progress coming? Have you repaired the rear where it was hit by the Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor