yo whats good, im new to the forum check out my all original 1986 cutlass supreme im thinking about upgrading my suspension my IG @trapboss.gbody

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
1694706424135.png
1694706465925.png

Attachments

• IMG_4841.jpeg
    IMG_4841.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Neat
A good freshened up factory setup with the bracing, stiffer shocks and springs handles quite well. Use that as a starting point. Yes, you'll have to do it twice but you'll learn how things go together.

Reactions: 1 users

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Neat
A good freshened up factory setup with the bracing, stiffer shocks and springs handles quite well. Use that as a starting point. Yes, you'll have to do it twice but you'll learn how things go together.
Thanks mrSony,
i was thinking going with the QA1 coilovers for the rear.
i seen on you tube its pretty simple to install.
for the front, i want to upgrade the original suspension with new parts but i dont know where to find any of the parts.
only thing i want different on the front is the big brakes and calipers but need to get the spindles from a S10 or blazer early 2k mobels is what i heard.

JimmyD

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2021
Umatilla, Florida
Nice ride I'm still not completely sold on the whole S10 front spindle upgrade it does give you bigger brakes, two piston calipers, still need tall ball joints a bunch of other stuff, I'm looking at the Viking front shock spring combo but even then you're still limited.

Reactions: 3 users

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Nice ride I'm still not completely sold on the whole S10 front spindle upgrade it does give you bigger brakes, two piston calipers, still need tall ball joints a bunch of other stuff, I'm looking at the Viking front shock spring combo but even then you're still limited.
Thanks Jimmy,

the videos and the people i have talk to said that i could take that hole spindle, calipers, & brakes from the (S10 or blazer Early 2K models) and it will bolt rite up on the cutlass.

JimmyD

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2021
Umatilla, Florida
Yeah it will all bolt up with a few mods but what do you end up with an old *ss Cutlass with slightly better brakes I'm looking at a new rear suspension setup that doesn't require an old 8 and 1/2-in rear end that nobody can buy I don't know I'm still working on it but hey everybody has their own deal and I love your car looks great

Reactions: 1 user

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Yeah it will all bolt up with a few mods but what do you end up with an old *ss Cutlass with slightly better brakes I'm looking at a new rear suspension setup that doesn't require an old 8 and 1/2-in rear end that nobody can buy I don't know I'm still working on it but hey everybody has their own deal and I love your car looks great
Thanks again, lol well I guess so when you put it like that! It looks cool 🤷🏽‍♂️ 😂. What’s a good rear end to put in a cutlass that will fit without mods?

JimmyD

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2021
Umatilla, Florida
New report what do you guys think of a triangular rear d differential with the lower arms triangulated and the upper arm straight it has been done yeah I'm not going to mention to company that does it maybe I'm a first

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor