yo whats good, im new to the forum check out my all original 1986 cutlass supreme im thinking about upgrading my suspension my IG @trapboss.gbody

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
To answer your question. An S10 and a 2wd Blazer are not the same.
Older S10 are the same as a G body, so no upgrade there. A Blazer offers dual piston, a slightly bigger rotor and an integral bearing.

Not sure what you are saying about hard line but I'll rephrase it.
I tried the flex lines off of both the G body and the Blazer. Also tried both brackets. So that is 4 combinations of parts. Many will say it works and I'm not here to contest that. Especially with the front suspension at full droop, it's pretty much works 98% of the time. The hose did not look comfortable to me at full lock. Realistically, few cars will see full lock at full droop.

At full compression A N D full droop there is absolutely nothing that works for all positions. Again, it can be said, nobody will ever be in that situation.

To satisfy all positions, I had to do what I described in my brakes thread.
Man bro this sound so confusing to me cause I’m not a mechanic 😬😂 but I was saying about the brake lines. Looks like you have hard ones installed. Is that another kind of brake lines that’s not metal? Like rubber or some other flexible materials 🤷🏽‍♂️ hell idk lol

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
My method has alot more steps to make it happen. I chose that route because I am picky. The brake hose would need to work under ALL conditions. Tons of people have got this to work with either the G body or Blazer flexline. This method has the hose either folded up or stretched at full lock.

The steel flex line you saw in my thread is from All Star. Definately not the cheapest and easiest solution. It required moving the hard line to in front of the caliper but with it pointing forward the line barely moves now. It just rotates about 60 deg.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor