yo whats good, im new to the forum check out my all original 1986 cutlass supreme im thinking about upgrading my suspension my IG @trapboss.gbody

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Thanks Jimmy,

the videos and the people i have talk to said that i could take that hole spindle, calipers, & brakes from the (S10 or blazer Early 2K models) and it will bolt rite up on the cutlass.
The 98-2005 S10 2wd blazer and Jimmy will bolt right on to your Gbody. Some of the guys said they needed to also swap the brake hose and some guys didn't. Ball joints remain the same. There are several threads here in the brakes section to walk you through the swap. I'll be swapping over when it's time to replace my brakes. For some, the slightly bigger rotor is the appeal. For me, it's the two piston calipers and the separate hub / rotor set up.

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
The 98-2005 S10 2wd blazer and Jimmy will bolt right on to your Gbody. Some of the guys said they needed to also swap the brake hose and some guys didn't. Ball joints remain the same. There are several threads here in the brakes section to walk you through the swap. I'll be swapping over when it's time to replace my brakes. For some, the slightly bigger rotor is the appeal. For me, it's the two piston calipers and the separate hub / rotor set up.
due to design you are better off using the Blazer brake hoses.

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Last winter I redid my entire front suspension & used this video as my guide:

Budget G body Suspension - That Handles!

I even went a little further than what was in the video & did the entire steering linkage. Plus new shocks & springs in back. All together, right around $600 and it made a HUGE difference in how it rode & handled. It feels like a modern car.

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
As far as suspension parts go, I can't say enough about UMI. As far as what to install, it depends on what you're trying to do with the car; cruise around town or take it to the track.

Reactions: 1 users

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Nice ride, I like your style! I'm wanting to do some suspension upgrades on mine as well at some point to help the lazy feel in corners and turns. I'm trying to keep her as original as possible.
Yea I know what you mean lol but I will say mines ride like an old Cadillac 😂 your ride is clean! Ain’t nothing like that all OG look

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
I had a gut trying to sell me spindles the other day from IG he wanted 300! Tho I was na that to dam much, but he said he did the mods and they had fresh pain on them also. I should have got them but I know I can get them cheaper. I told him I will pay $300 for the whole set up spindle rotors caliper brakes.

Trapboss.Gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
Last winter I redid my entire front suspension & used this video as my guide:

Budget G body Suspension - That Handles!

I even went a little further than what was in the video & did the entire steering linkage. Plus new shocks & springs in back. All together, right around $600 and it made a HUGE difference in how it rode & handled. It feels like a modern car.
Thanks man Ima check that video out! Where did you get all your suspension parts from?

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks man Ima check that video out! Where did you get all your suspension parts from?
Various places. I shopped around for best prices, deals, free shipping, etc. to keep the cost as low as possible. See attached... this is what I bought & where from.
I’m a cruise around the town go to work in it type of guy 😎
If so, I think you'll be very happy with these upgrades.

Attachments

• Suspension List.pdf
    125.6 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor