BUILD THREAD You know she's a keeper when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
This motor was new enough that it had a CPI injection system. I retained most of the components from the donor, but the fuel pump is missing and several pieces were either missing or broken off of the manifold. It was going to nickel and dime me to death between fixing those parts, stripping the wire harness, and reflashing the computer to eliminate VATS. I was money ahead to just get an intake, carb, and HEI distributor and call it good.

I do have all the pieces that I took off saved in case I change my mind though.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Some progress today. I finally got the 4.3 on my motor stand and got to prep it for installation.

I got the remote oil filter kit removed and a replacement nipple installed in the block. Installed a new oil filter and primed the oil pump. Moved the dummy light sensors over from the 3.8. Installed the screw in S-10 clutch fan (reverse rotation) on the water pump. Capped the "gas pipe" line from the passenger exhaust manifold.

At this point, I am pretty much as far as I can go until I get the rest of the carb conversion parts bought and new seals put in the TH200 to make it leak less.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Brown box man dropped in today with a power steering pump and serpentine bracket to replace the missing one on my 4.3. Just need to get an AC delete pulley and a belt to complete the front of the motor.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Have been doing a little learning while I have been stuck at work, and I think I may have found a way to use the CCC system on my 4.3. It looks like I can buy a HEI Distributor, and swap the 7 pin module and plug out of my 3.8 distributor. Then I can just make an adapter for the dualjet to bolt onto the intake and away I go(ish)

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Got a little time off work to get my transmission installed and prepwork for installation done:

IMG_20171119_204145.jpg

Unfortunately, I will have to get some shims as there is a good gap between the flywheel and torque converter. Hopefully after the thanksgiving festivities are over I will get everything set in the car.
IMG_20171119_205004.jpg

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Did you ever find an intake?
I suppose a race will be in order between us- 4.3 v 3800. :twisted:

I've got a 4 barrel intake spotted but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I just got married a few days ago and getting ready to go to Virginia for our honeymoon. This has put a complete stop to any vehicle spending until that is done and the bills are paid.

On the other hand, I have a pretty solid plan to reuse the computer controlled carb and computer system.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Congrats on the marriage!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Thanks! I guess she was a keeper after all...:)

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor