Re: Young Members (15-22) Gbody photos

beenen said:
from this

Picture066-1.jpg

Picture937.jpg

to this:

image.jpeg

image1-1.jpeg

only plans for it is to keep it a good daily driver. next thing is to add some black GTA wheels and lower it a tad and thats pretty much it. still have the V6 in it only because its my daily and I like MPGs :)

btw, im 19

What did you paint your car with? It looks awesome! I'm trying to think of what to use to paint my car on a budget, whether it be bed liner, plasti dip, or something like that. Maybe I'll try one of those rustoleum roll on paint jobs, they come out nice if you take your time and wet sand in between coats.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Probably posted in one of these before but oh well. Bought mine when I was 15. Wanted a GN but couldnt afford one so I changed my mind to just a Regal. Ended up finding a Cutlass with no rust affordably localish and have spent the last 4 years of my life turning it into something nice.

Had a 455 250C that got toasted the first time I drove it. Built a nice turbo 3.8 for it, painted it, redid the interior, blah blah blah.

People are suprised that a 19 year old owns it. Think its Dad's. People thought I sold it and bought a new one when I painted it. Couldnt think of a much better way to waste 4 years of my life. :lol:

Before
picture117.jpg

When I got ran into which sparked the repaint
picture771.jpg

Mid repaint and ported heads, bigger cam, cleaning up the wiring, painting the frame, alum core support
picture-1032.jpg

Doneish. Still have a 3.42, posi, 200R4, and more boost to throw at it.
picture-1113.jpg

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
SANY0004-3.jpg

400sbc,th350, drag radials

I turn 23 at midnight, I wanna be young forever :(

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY

joesregalproject said:
What did you paint your car with? It looks awesome! I'm trying to think of what to use to paint my car on a budget, whether it be bed liner, plasti dip, or something like that. Maybe I'll try one of those rustoleum roll on paint jobs, they come out nice if you take your time and wet sand in between coats.

Google "john deere biltz black.

njRegal86

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Here's my baby, old pics though. Im Adrian 18, this is my 1986 Buick Regal not much has changed, I will be pulling the tired old 307 in a few months and putting a Chevy 350 in its place.

Attachments

• IMG_00191.JPG
    IMG_00191.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 823

87Cut1a55

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2012
81cutlass said:
Probably posted in one of these before but oh well. Bought mine when I was 15. Wanted a GN but couldnt afford one so I changed my mind to just a Regal. Ended up finding a Cutlass with no rust affordably localish and have spent the last 4 years of my life turning it into something nice.

Had a 455 250C that got toasted the first time I drove it. Built a nice turbo 3.8 for it, painted it, redid the interior, blah blah blah.

People are suprised that a 19 year old owns it. Think its Dad's. People thought I sold it and bought a new one when I painted it. Couldnt think of a much better way to waste 4 years of my life. :lol:

Before
picture117.jpg

When I got ran into which sparked the repaint
picture771.jpg

Mid repaint and ported heads, bigger cam, cleaning up the wiring, painting the frame, alum core support
picture-1032.jpg

Doneish. Still have a 3.42, posi, 200R4, and more boost to throw at it.
picture-1113.jpg

Nice job. Looks good!

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN

joesregalproject said:
beenen said:
from this

Picture066-1.jpg

Picture937.jpg

to this:

image.jpeg

image1-1.jpeg

only plans for it is to keep it a good daily driver. next thing is to add some black GTA wheels and lower it a tad and thats pretty much it. still have the V6 in it only because its my daily and I like MPGs :)

btw, im 19

I used bedliner which cost me $200 and they included a gun too. figured I would do bedliner since its going to be my daily and should hold up well in the winter time

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
Don't know if anyone wants to look at my junk, but I'll post anyway.

Bought this car from a family friend when I was 15. Cloth bench, 305, 200r4 trans. Kept it washed and drove it almost all the way through high school. Bought a complete interior from a local guy in St. Louis. Bucket seats, console, shifter. Then got bored with the car and it sat for almost a year while I played around with other cars. As of right now the car has a 355 but will soon have a 383. Enjoy.

IMG_7992.jpg

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Bought my cutlass when I was 13 for $500. It was smashed and barely ran.

100_2912-1.jpg

100_2916.jpg

100_2927.jpg

Since then, fixed the major body damage, built a 403 and th350, now has 3.08 posi rear. The whole interior has been out and fully shampooed and de-stained. Tons of miscellaneous new parts, and tons more sitting waiting til I can afford to do body work and paint.

SilvrPegasus47

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2012
Weatherford, Texas
Well, not sure if this technically counts, since I'm still paying it off, but here it is.

I'm 22 years old and in the process of buying my first project that is all mine.

1984 Hurst/Olds Cutlass
It has what appears to be the original VIN 9 motor, OZ coded 200-4R trans & 8.5" rear end.
T-tops, buckets, power everything except seat, very little rust, hasn't been tagged or inspected since 2000.
Body is in mostly fantastic condition, only exception is right front fender is slightly wrinkled ahead of the wheel.
Interior is trashed pretty heavily, gonna need to replace almost all if it.
Oh, and the steering wheel is laying on the passenger seat! Steering column is heavily damaged.

So the story of my H/O, as far as I can tell, is that it was parked at a storage facility four or five years ago. Fast forward to six months ago, the owner quit paying the storage fee, and in Texas, after three to six months of no payments, they auction the stuff off. If anyone has watched Storage Wars or Storage Wars: Texas, it's a relatively strait forward concept. The car that I'm paying on was bought by one of the guys from SW:T. It gets posted on Craigslist. I find it while looking for a Cutlass. I text the guy that posted the ad. I went to go look at it, and I absolutely fall in love with this abandoned hulk of a car. I decide I have to have it, come hell or high water. I wound up offering more than he was asking on the car :blam: so that he would let me make payments on it (it's hard to get a loan at 22 years old in this economy), and at the beginning of November, we struck the deal. Now I can finally have a car that I can call 100% mine, that I have no prior sentimental attachment to, and can do what I want with it without feeling guilty about modifying it. I'm pleased with my purchase, as it seems to be almost all there,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor