Your car *WILL* get stolen!

speedbob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2012
Lake stevens, washington
I had a friend who got his car stolen 2 years ago. last year he found his wheels at a drive in car gathering and called the police. The guy that had them on his car never seen it coming! My friend had put his last 5 digits of his drivers licence stamped inside the wheels just behind the valve stem. looked factory and when the police got there he was arrested and the car was taken to impound. took him 3 weeks to get them back but he got them minus his car. He now stamps this on most of his parts. I was going to do this but have not yet, maybe if my car gets stolen i'll wish i did.
Moral of the story is that most police around my area will not look for your car unless it's dropped in their lap..Hell, they will ask you if your car is insured for loss because there is nothing they can do. Protect yourself!

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
great post. Very informative stuff mentioned, and some great home brewed ideas

I didn't see anyone mention the "Revelco" anti-theft system, yet.
It's a pretty damn good concept and would definitely fool thieves that actually break into your car, instead of snatching it up with a repo/wrecker truck

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Thanks Onyxxtreme, and for the suggestion. I'll update the first post.

SuperRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 15, 2013
Dallas, TX
Hey do you guys know any good quick release steering wheel kits for our cars? I want to put one in my Regal. I was thinking about getting an NRG kit with the wheels hub lock but i dont know if it would work, but it should, shouldn't it?

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
my car has 3 kill switches... lmao... one out in the open and labeled "KILL SWITCH", one near the battery, BOTH suppose to be found and one extremely well hidden... location will not be disclosed... plus, i still have the old column shifter still in the car and if you turn the neck of the steering column, the car wont start cause it thinks its not in park.... also, i havent made a center conole yet so the floor shifter has that cheap black plastic cover and rubber boot, but its not bolted to anything so its easily moveable, and i have a thin bolt that i inserted in the shifter body right behind the shifter bar so its impossible to get the shifter out of park with that bolt in place, also i always remove the T-bar handle which isnt much of a theft deterrent, just more of a pain in the *ss to shift the car without the handle... and to keep from getting my widow smashed, i leave the doors UNLOCKED, i look at it this way, if they want my radio go ahead and take it, just dont smash my window to get it... and i leave the key in my car, cause i dont want my ignition popped... and, i have two cameras pointed right at my cars so i will at least get video of whatever pos tries to steal my stuff... and the amp n speaker box in my trunk has razor blades attached to them, so if you just reach in and grab them, you can definitely lose a finger... ALSO, i have lived in the same house for nearly 20 years, and EVERY summer i clean my guns on my FRONT porch so EVERYONE can see that i own MANY FIREARMS that are all well taken care of... plus my gun club sticker and the NRA sticker show i am PRO-GUN... sure, all that stuff is all well n good, and i know if someone is determined enough they will find a way to steal her...

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
SuperRegal said:
Hey do you guys know any good quick release steering wheel kits for our cars? I want to put one in my Regal. I was thinking about getting an NRG kit with the wheels hub lock but i dont know if it would work, but it should, shouldn't it?

Why wouldn't it work?
They make a hub for our cars. https://getnrg.com/products/quick-relea ... b/srk-170h
Then you just need the quick release, and wheel. You can also get the hub lock, it is compatible with all the quick releases except the slim.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
BPTTONE420012 said:
my car has 3 kill switches... lmao... one out in the open and labeled "KILL SWITCH", one near the battery, BOTH suppose to be found and one extremely well hidden... location will not be disclosed... plus, i still have the old column shifter still in the car and if you turn the neck of the steering column, the car wont start cause it thinks its not in park.... also, i havent made a center conole yet so the floor shifter has that cheap black plastic cover and rubber boot, but its not bolted to anything so its easily moveable, and i have a thin bolt that i inserted in the shifter body right behind the shifter bar so its impossible to get the shifter out of park with that bolt in place, also i always remove the T-bar handle which isnt much of a theft deterrent, just more of a pain in the *ss to shift the car without the handle... and to keep from getting my widow smashed, i leave the doors UNLOCKED, i look at it this way, if they want my radio go ahead and take it, just dont smash my window to get it... and i leave the key in my car, cause i dont want my ignition popped... and, i have two cameras pointed right at my cars so i will at least get video of whatever pos tries to steal my stuff... and the amp n speaker box in my trunk has razor blades attached to them, so if you just reach in and grab them, you can definitely lose a finger... ALSO, i have lived in the same house for nearly 20 years, and EVERY summer i clean my guns on my FRONT porch so EVERYONE can see that i own MANY FIREARMS that are all well taken care of... plus my gun club sticker and the NRA sticker show i am PRO-GUN... sure, all that stuff is all well n good, and i know if someone is determined enough they will find a way to steal her...
Damn.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
Damn.[/quote]

DID I MENTION I LIVE IN BRIDGEPORT, CT??? i'll be damned if i make it easy for these lazy ghetto *ss punks...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor