Your car *WILL* get stolen!

bigalturk1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2012
Florida
I'm cheap!
That's why I run a manual shut off valve, to stop the flow gas coming out of the gas tank. I have the gas line run into the trunk through the shut-off valve (Like a petcock) and back down to the line going to the engine. The thief may get a ride to your location, but then the driver takes off. The thief steals the car and goes a block or two then it stalls in the middle of the street or intersection. Now, he is in clear view and takes off because people are either blowing their horn at him to get out of the way or he's pulled over and people approach him to ask questions or offer help.

TRUE STORY..... Years ago, my friend "Mouse" had a 55' Chevy with the same attachment. At about 11:00 pm my friend and I saw his car at the side of the road and some "BRO" was trying to get it started. We knew what just happened and approach the guy, offering to "Push" the car to the curb.After that, we grabbed the guy and took him to "The Mouse house", he tried to get away but my buddy Del (360pounds)held him down. When we got to our friends house we banged on the back window and he came out.
We took turns punching this thief until he passed out. About a year later I saw this punk in a Burger King...
He had a bad limp, Hmm....I wonder why?

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
bigalturk1 said:
I'm cheap!
That's why I run a manual shut off valve, to stop the flow gas coming out of the gas tank. I have the gas line run into the trunk through the shut-off valve (Like a petcock) and back down to the line going to the engine. The thief may get a ride to your location, but then the driver takes off. The thief steals the car and goes a block or two then it stalls in the middle of the street or intersection. Now, he is in clear view and takes off because people are either blowing their horn at him to get out of the way or he's pulled over and people approach him to ask questions or offer help.

TRUE STORY..... Years ago, my friend "Mouse" had a 55' Chevy with the same attachment. At about 11:00 pm my friend and I saw his car at the side of the road and some "BRO" was trying to get it started. We knew what just happened and approach the guy, offering to "Push" the car to the curb.After that, we grabbed the guy and took him to "The Mouse house", he tried to get away but my buddy Del (360pounds)held him down. When we got to our friends house we banged on the back window and he came out.
We took turns punching this thief until he passed out. About a year later I saw this punk in a Burger King...
He had a bad limp, Hmm....I wonder why?
thats a nice little trick.. imma have to come up with a crative kill switch..i got one in mind but gotta relook over my plans..and love the ending :)

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
It's parked right outside my room , if they start it I'm sure it's loud enough to hear for a few blocks, but then again im sure they will try something I will never have thought of. Where theres a will theres a way. But I've realized that reading this thread just makes me more paranoid. :shock:

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
I want that kill swith out of a 01 gp..

79T-top

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
What a great post!!!

I had two different friends get their g-bodies stolen, both out of a locked garage. I don't know the full story of the 1st one, but it involved a car being rammed into the garage door. The other friend however, he had an alarm system, car parked in a locked garage, and another vehicle parked in front of the garage door. The thief was able to break into the parked car, start it, move it out of the way, break into the garage, and bypass the car alarm system... never saw the car again.

Again, great post, I already knew some of the stuff but definitely learned a lot!!!

Chickenbone

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2008
NJ
Yeah, if a thief wants your car, it will be taken. One thought comes to mind. Be vigilant when you're driving. Always be on the look-out for people following you. Know who drives what in your neighborhood. That way you can spot an "out-of-place" vehicle. That's my 2-cents.

Chickenbone

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
79T-top said:
What a great post!!!

I had two different friends get their g-bodies stolen, both out of a locked garage. I don't know the full story of the 1st one, but it involved a car being rammed into the garage door. The other friend however, he had an alarm system, car parked in a locked garage, and another vehicle parked in front of the garage door. The thief was able to break into the parked car, start it, move it out of the way, break into the garage, and bypass the car alarm system... never saw the car again.

Again, great post, I already knew some of the stuff but definitely learned a lot!!!
Thanks! And, Thanks for the reminder. A garage with a car parked in front of it is NOT a good security measure -- at all!!!
I'm about to make my first home purchase and it's a 2 car garage (stoked!!) but I am reminded now, that I have to plan for additional security measures around it just being locked.

Chickenbone said:
Yeah, if a thief wants your car, it will be taken. One thought comes to mind. Be vigilant when you're driving. Always be on the look-out for people following you. Know who drives what in your neighborhood. That way you can spot an "out-of-place" vehicle. That's my 2-cents.

Chickenbone

A good and worthwhile suggestion!! Just an addendum to your tip: If you're being followed, DO NOT drive home, and if you park it, don't walk too far from it!

Chickenbone

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2008
NJ
454muscle said:
Thanks! And, Thanks for the reminder. A garage with a car parked in front of it is NOT a good security measure -- at all!!!
I'm about to make my first home purchase and it's a 2 car garage (stoked!!) but I am reminded now, that I have to plan for additional security measures around it just being locked.

A good and worthwhile suggestion!! Just an addendum to your tip: If you're being followed, DO NOT drive home, and if you park it, don't walk too far from it!

Yes. Do not go home.........unless you already live in the hood. I had a friend that did that. A couple punks followed him from one side of the state to the other. He parked his Velle at a friend's place and hung out with him on the porch until the would-be thieves drove away. They came back the next day and asked around the neighborhood who owned the car. They claimed that they were answering a For Sale ad and wanted to meet my friend. One of the neighbors said that my friend was selling the car and set up an appointment somewhere on the other side of town. Then they contacted my friend and told him what happened. My friend brought other friends to the appointment for the "negotiations." The thieves didn't show; which was good for their sake; there woulda been 2 less thieves on the planet had that meeting taken place.

The garage idea was something I was gonna do at some point. Now I am thinking that I need to do a lot more than that. The fuel cut-off and the ignition kill are good tricks. Just need to remember that you got them switches on when you pull off in the morning :D

Chickenbone

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
wire it so the car wont start unless the park lights are on i knew a guy that hada 84 suburban stolen twice so he did it and the car was never stolen again. there to stupid to turn lights on when they steal a car........................................ also im unsure but when u break the column the lights wont work any ways right? or am i wrong? well just an idea,, i hada 83 camino stolen my club was on the seat im afirm beliver of the club had mine been on he wouldnt have taken it most people will not carry the tools to cut a club and it takes to long .lock cutters may cut 1 but there pretty tuff....and if they want it bad enuff they will tow it but most thiefs dunt carry torches or cutters around my neck of the woods

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor