Your car *WILL* get stolen!

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
The column doesn't have any effect on running lights or headlights.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Hey guys, I'm updating the first post with this information:

Here's a video from Stacy David! He walks you through several ways to foil those who are looking to steal your ride. They range from simple free ways to some that are a little more in depth. Either way, they work great to stop people from making off with your car. I like the cutoff "dizzy" switch idea, very easy and simple.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/-zbC6T6sfZM?rel=0
[youtube]-zbC6T6sfZM[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 user

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Hi guys just bored and thought I'd share how I lost my 79 monte carlo. Brought my girlfriend with me to the auto shop both times I dropped off the 79 MC and paid off my freshly rebuilt 3sp trans w/ the B&M kit, then left a few shocks/ bearings to be installed and got busy w/ life. Paid off the job when I was nearby one time, but I was too tired that day to do the walk from the shop to my nearby relatives house and nobody was available to go w/ me that day.

After that, didn't have time to get the car out of the shop for a long time, called finally to tell them I would be picking it up, and to my surprise was informed that my now ex girlfriend had removed the car last month from the shop.

Never had signed the title over to myself from the previous owner, went to locate it and discovered it was gone. I located the guy who bought the car from her but he had paid for the car honestly w/ good intentions so I realized he wasnt involved. :oops:

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Soo people in a older suburban with "curvy" cleaners on the side stopped at the house today. They wanted to come inside and do a sample cleaning but my mom insisted no. Then the lady kept looking in our garage and commented on my dads "nice" Harley and my cutlass in th driveway. They were being really pushy about doing a sample cleaning and kept looking in the garage....I think they are scoping the place out, I'm a little paranoid now.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Cleaners or door-to-door sales people can be persistent, persuasive, and downright ruthless and sometimes use lies and/or trickery to get a sale -- that's normal. Don't chalk it up to a conspiracy or anything.
However, it's always a good idea to be safe. When you're not looking, others will definitely scope out what you're displaying -- so be careful.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I like the dummy grenade idea 8). I've seen some pushy sales people, but I guess these 2 shady people were pretty outrageous. Nothing has happened yet, but I'm still on watch. :twisted:

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
pencero said:
Hi guys just bored and thought I'd share how I lost my 79 monte carlo. Brought my girlfriend with me to the auto shop both times I dropped off the 79 MC and paid off my freshly rebuilt 3sp trans w/ the B&M kit, then left a few shocks/ bearings to be installed and got busy w/ life. Paid off the job when I was nearby one time, but I was too tired that day to do the walk from the shop to my nearby relatives house and nobody was available to go w/ me that day.

After that, didn't have time to get the car out of the shop for a long time, called finally to tell them I would be picking it up, and to my surprise was informed that my now ex girlfriend had removed the car last month from the shop.

Never had signed the title over to myself from the previous owner, went to locate it and discovered it was gone. I located the guy who bought the car from her but he had paid for the car honestly w/ good intentions so I realized he wasnt involved. :oops:

Dude please tell me she got arrested for this, thats just god awful man sorry to hear this.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor