Your car *WILL* get stolen!

buickestate said:
There is a full spectrum Gbodies and Gbody owners on this forum. Some here own $500 rust buckets that use more oil than gas as a daily driver. Some here have full out dragg cars. Some here have some nice clean daily drivers. Some have some nice clean low mile show room condition cruise night cars. Some have full out customs.

We are all here for various reason. That's what makes furums like these great. We all have cool ideas to share, neat mods.
The main reasons some come is to find ways to improve their cars. To find like minded people to share thoughts and Ideas with. We are all working within our own budgets and realities. forums are a level field. Its a place were some can unload some old parts, and other can find needed parts.

This thread is about what we can do reduce the chances of our cars being the target of theft, and how each of us deals with that. I can see where a young member of the forum with an old tired G body that they like/love can be left in disbelief by the fact that a fellow forum member can drop a custom crate engine that worth more than a year's wages to some people into their cars. Some of the cars on this forum have paint and body work that is worth in the thousands and others have $30 rattle can sepcial. We are on the same forum and all of our advice and ideas are on the same level. We are not all playing in the same league, but that's what makes these forums special. We can't possibly all agree with each other, and if we did we would all have the same g body and all be looking for the same part.

People be a bit more open minded and tolerant.

To stay on topic the more we can do to prevent our cars from being stolen, and the more prepared we are with insurance the better we can sleep no matter what level you are at.

Thanks for the insurance and appraisal information bro, I appreciate it. I have marked them down and will definitely check them out. I have been through the appraisal process before and yes it was $150 and yes my project is properly documented and filed.

What I should mention, when I speak about how much was spent on my project, is that:

1. I didn't win a lottery
2. I don't sell drugs
3. I've been poor my whole life
4. I have worked hard for every cent I've put in the project
5. I too was once young, and purchased my first G-body like most everyone else on this forum did, and my beginnings were small, so I went through the same process as most everyone else, and I started at the bottom of the ladder.

6. The amount I've spent on my project has a definite rhyme and reason. It may be excessive to some but not to others:

Like I've said elsewhere, I've owned 5 G-body Grand Prix's. One totalled by a drunk kid by rear-end, one stolen, one had to be sold due to financial difficulties, one never materialized because my ex-girlfriend never sent me the original title and was given away, and the last one (current one) went through the wringer and a multitude of rip-offs, but I'm addicted to it and it's my passion, and it's what I will finish -- if it takes more time and money, so be it. That's my reality, and trust me, there was no free ride, no free ticket, in fact I've been ripped off quite a bit for this last one. I'm 37 years old and paid my dues many times over, so when a young punk makes an ignorant statement at my investment he's gonna get told to get a life. Perhaps I should have made myself clear, perhaps I sounded haughty -- I am not. I am all about humility and respect.

buickestate your post is well wriiten and well said. Thank you.

I'd say don't let someone with 8 posts get to you. He's a troll.

Back on the subject of theft & those tire dollies... interesting thought. Something else that comes to mind though, if you have a garage and there's room on one side or the other, you could use those dollies to move the car to where it's not possible to get to it with a tow truck, etc. Otherwise they would destroy it trying to pull it out of the garage unless they jacked it back up with similar dollies.

megaladon6 said:
my theft deterent is simple---rust, lots and lots of rust.
now it's not as bad as the "you have to know where to sit to not fall through the floor pan" theory (one of the most effective in the world), but it's close.
hey beermonkey, your coolant doesn't look quite right, it might be time for a flush 😀

hahaha yeah...

i have a nice cutoff switcheroo too.. I upgraded my 200 transmission to a th350 and the link from the transmission to the column that lets me know what gear im in wouldnt fit so i yanked it out, bein i have a floor shifter no need.. so i can simply twist my column to d or whatever i want and it wont start.. dont think anyone that steals cars wround here would know anything about that..

best auto theft stopper is me living in the country in alabama and having 2 inside dogs if someone comes 100 yards to my house they go inside and im home 90 percent of the time and i have a shotgun beside me lols

First off I have a column cover lock and a kill switch. Second My cutlass is bagged, so it's layed out when i park it (its's undriveable), then i lock out the control box, and use the kill swich for the compressors. I figure if they get by that, they'll want to play with bags and eventually run out of air and be able to refill the tank. Finally I carry my .40 cal glock i daily. I love texas gun laws!!!!!!!

lol all these anti thieft options. mine is simple. it looks like crap!! :rofl:

Stuff said:
lol all these anti thieft options. mine is simple. it looks like crap!! :rofl:
I don't see any rust on that thing. It's a friggin' Regal dude. I'd steal it 😛

When mine got stolen it looked like crap -- the body panels were different colors too. It sounded badass though, just got the 454 running mint with the new Holley 750 and a new Flowmaster H-piped system. That's probably what triggered the theft.

aww that sucks! ya i got some nice sounding exhaust. dual "Raptors". and the 9 blade fan makes it sound like it has a turbine under the front lol

Has anyone used any of the column locks for their Gbody? If so which one? My 87 Monte is still a turd, but with the window window sweeps being gone, you could stick anything in there and open my manual doorlocks. I am pretty good with not leaving anything of value in the car, because there is no way to keep them from getting in. But the column lock peaked my interest. Any thoughts?

I've been using this one for a while
https://www.kirbanperformance.com/produ ... e+GNX.html

It's kinda bulky and looks "boxy" and ugly IMO but it works and you get used to it. Does what it's supposed to. If I have the money I want to try one of the ones from steadfastautosecurity.com like the Carguard -- they look a little nicer.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor