Your first dream car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
I got my hooks in my dream car a 1964 cadillac fleetwood convertible. He wants 600 bucks and declining.I think Im going get it when I get my income tax. It needs a complete frame off resto but its complete minus motor and trans. It may take me ten years but I know this car is hard to find this cheap!

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
When I was younger I was really into Mopars (still am) and depending on the day my favorite car was a '69 Plymouth Roadrunner or a '70 Plymouth Superbird. Once my love for Oldsmobiles solidified my favorite car bacame a '71 442 W-30, but some close runner ups are a '69 AMC Hurst SC/Rambler, '69 Dodge Dart Swinger, '70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler, '70 Buick GSX, '62 Plymouth Valiant and '63 Dodge Polara. (I have a thing for unusual oddball cars :D )

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
2001 Oldsmobile Alero

oldsmobile-alero.jpg

:rofl:

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
77-78 Pontiac Trans am 6.6L

pfcvdv

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2010
Noord holland, the netherlands
i didn't like muscle cars at all when i was little.
my first dream car was the ole 2dr Range Rover
range_rover_brown_2door_1982.jpg

it was my dad's car. same color. in fact, we had 2. both daily drivers.
i will always remeber the sweet sound it of the Buick 215 V8 it had. the sound it made was like a flowmaster 50, only ultra smooth. and trust me, off roading with them is best thing ever, it's a lot more fun than driving fast.
we still have them, but there ready for the junkjard.
and i always liked the chevy Caprice when i was little, espacialy the 1990-96 because i watched to many movies.
but right now i really want to get my regal good and use it as my daily driver.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
Or one of these. I can't remember the last time I have ever seen one anywhere. My grandfather had one years ago. And I always wanted a '65 Chevelle too.

1967-buick-wildcat.JPG

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
My first dream car was the E type Jaguar, (XKE in north America I believe), still a style icon.
But twenty years after I first saw one I had an opportunity to drive one, uncomfortable, noisy, tractor like gear shift and poor visibility, still impressively fast though. I should have turned down the drive and stayed dreaming, maybe like finding a beatiful woman was a flop in bed perhaps...... :?

Roger.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
YGspider said:
2001 Oldsmobile Alero

oldsmobile-alero.jpg

:rofl:
That reminds me that I really wanted to own an Oldsmobile Achieva SCX. :lol:
achieva-scx-300x199.jpg

w41-300x240.jpg

achieva-interior-300x199.jpg

pfcvdv said:
i will always remeber the sweet sound it of the Buick 215 V8 it had.
How heavy were those Range Rovers? Did the 215 move them around okay? (I wonder if anyone has ever put one in a Regal...)

pfcvdv

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2010
Noord holland, the netherlands
pfcvdv said:
i will always remeber the sweet sound it of the Buick 215 V8 it had.
How heavy were those Range Rovers? Did the 215 move them around okay? (I wonder if anyone has ever put one in a Regal...)

range rovers where heavier than gbodys, i believe they were 1800kg (gbody's are 1600kg). the 215 had 130hp but they where quick enough and in low gearing they were unstopable off road. the rover/buick v8 is all alluminium and parts are extremely cheap http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ItemList--Rover-V8-Engines--Engine-Components--m-562
i dont know why nobody ever swapped a 215 in i mean they are just as thirsty as chevy v8's but very reliable and some were bored out to 5 liters. and edelbrock has a manifold for them to put a edelbrock carb on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor