HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

franknitticutlass

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2009
I have a 82 cutlass and i want to know how is it possible to install HID light bulbs in it. Most g bodies have halogen lights with unremovable bulbs..Is there a halogen light with removable bulbs??

yes, but you need to get the housings that fit the bulb, try prostreetlighting.com, I have them in my monte if you want pics

lights.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

the first one is my blue halos, the other two are high beams and lowbeams

Attachments

• PA140364.JPG
    PA140364.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 482
  • PA140365.JPG
    PA140365.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 411
Have a part # of what lights those are??

Did you have to change any wiring?

3XBrownCutty said:
Have a part # of what lights those are??

Did you have to change any wiring?

http://www.prostreetlighting.com/produc ... _beam.html
for the light housings, and the HID kits came from ebay (get slim ballast) i did have to modify both the light housing and the head light bucket to make them fit properly. I't no big deal i just needed to sand the little "knobby things" on the back of the housng flush and make the hole in the bucket bigger so you could fit the bulb through

Those look amazing! So I would need to go to prostreetlighting and get 2 of those kits (1 for each side?) and then get a housing off ebay? is that everything you need to do it?

the light housing are what you get from prostreetlighting.com, yes you need 2, i brought my HID bulbs and ballast from ebay and you'll need 2 kits also, im sure pro street sells them also, you could probally call em up and get everything one stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor