A few new CNC machines arrived at UMI today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
We had a few exciting things happen at UMI this week and I thought I would share them... we received two more CNC machines for the shop. We hope to increase our production and to be able to venture into some new products.

We received a Daewoo Puma 200 turning center with bar feed and a Amada Hybrid CNC laser. The Laser was a big boy and they had to bring in the boom truck to unload it and set in on the dock. It was a little stressful!

As soon as the machines are in place and under power we will snap a few more pictures or videos.

02091.jpg

02092.jpg

02093.jpg

02094.jpg

02095.jpg

02096.jpg

02097.jpg

02098.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Congratulations on the new equipment and that's a good sign that your business is expanding... :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It really is great to see a Made In America company expanding in this type of market. I think it's perfect timing too. China has to improve their quality of parts and their quality control due to all the complaints. That means their products will increase in price but will still be inferior to the products you make. Since the gap in price will less those on a strict budget are more apt to move up to your products. On the downside does this mean you guys will have less time to play with your cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor