83 wagon "blue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I guess a helicoil might be the ticket. Good luck!

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
well the crank wasnt stripped the bolt was!! had a spare and got it in, buddy is going to come over tomorrow and look at it to make sure im not doing something stupid!! wrapped up as much as i can until then. pics tomorrow!

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
as promised, not a lot left after i figure the damn harmonic damper out!

Attachments

• 305.jpg
    305.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 601

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
well this damn thing is getting pushed out of the shop because its pissing me off.... filed the key with a flat file to clean it up good, heated the damper in the sun for a few hours till it was hot enough i could barely touch it then put antiseaze on the inside of the damper and tried driving it on..... made it the same distance and stopped :blam: . i fricken quit for now :puke: .

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
i spent the last two days just cleaning the shop, i have so many other projects that just need to take precedence over this right now. what i should do is get the money making jobs done and then pull the engine/trans and rebuild the trans or swap in my 700r4 do valve seals and all the other little crap to make this an actual nice car in stead of just a beater... ill be back on it some day soon but i need to change my focus for a bit.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Take care of the priorities first, man.
The rest will come together as time and money allow. Sometimes it pays to wait rather than have to half *ss a job.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
finally got back to work on the wagon,
got some rear springs installed an if they work out will be a super cheap alternative to high spring rate coils for the rear... ill keep you posted.
got the damper off and drilled and tapped the crank, took the timing cover off to dot my t's and cross my i's and make sure everything has clearance!
the damper made it half way on and stopped, i pulled the key and massaged it to try and get it to maybe fit a little better.
got the front bumper off so i can heat the damper to 300F and slam it on with welding gloves then take a 4x4 and BAH and MAKE IT FIT.

Attachments

• wagon!.jpg
    wagon!.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 376
  • wagon!2.jpg
    wagon!2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 376

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
You had to heat the balancer up? And drive it on with a hammer and a block of wood? Both of them are very, very bad ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor