Updated with before and after pics -Let’s be critical , what’s wrong with this picture ?

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
I would not change a thing .. nice looking car

Reactions: 3 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
I just lowered the cutlass with 1 1/2” bmr drop springs in rear with bell tech spindles and uncut 5660 springs up front along with the obligatory bilstein shocks all around
Also threw in a 442 steering box
Point is I don’t really love how it sits , but I can’t put my finger on it
Tires too small ? 255 45 17
Needs to be lower ?
Needs more rake ?
What do you guys think ? Like the title says be critical! roast me and my car lol I can take it
What would you do to make it better looking? View attachment 222630 View attachment 222631

It's a great looking car.

If I want to be really picky. I think the front wheels and ride height are fine. It's a combination of the rear ride height and wheel/tire ratio that seems a bit off. Maybe just a bit more sidewall in the back. A 50 or 55 tire. That would give it just a bit more rake. Not sure if you have the clearance there or if you really would want to run staggered tires.

Again, that's just being really nit picky. I think it's a great looking car.

Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
It's a great looking car.

If I want to be really picky. I think the front wheels and ride height are fine. It's a combination of the rear ride height and wheel/tire ratio that seems a bit off. Maybe just a bit more sidewall in the back. A 50 or 55 tire. That would give it just a bit more rake. Not sure if you have the clearance there or if you really would want to run staggered tires.

Again, that's just being really nit picky. I think it's a great looking car.
I tend to agree , I’ve been thinking a 275 50 17 for rear , I believe I have room or can make some

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Here's my '80 Malibu with Eibach 1" lowering springs, with a 1/2" spacer between the rear springs and the axle. 245/45R17 on the front, and 255/50R17 on the rear.
That looks sharp , you’ve only lowered that 1” ?
Looks like more

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I tend to agree , I’ve been thinking a 275 50 17 for rear , I believe I have room or can make some
You're going to find that room close up really fast with that size. As mentioned mine is a 285/40-17, it's 1" from the inside of the wheel well and damn near flush with the fender lip. 17x9 wheel.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Sits similar to mine. I like it

View attachment 222685

My backspacing is 4” rear and 4 3/4” front both 17x8
Wheels fit well the rear tires are about an inch and a quarter to fender lip
I am willing to roll fenders if necessary
after looking at DWs , I see the issue. that squared off wheel well which puts a big empty hole in each corner, it's those ugly holes you need to pull attention away from. as others said, nothing really wrong with the stance, but definitely need to pull attention away from the holes. use different wheels, larger sidewalls, or some side-trim paint detail on the fenders

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
What is your backspacing ?
17x9 with a 6.5" backspace, but I have a 9" at a custom width.

87n30xO.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor