07 sierra 6.0 dod delete advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

88 Gutlass

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2020
Ga
Oh Geesh, you broke the number one rule of not letting the magic out of an LS - ‘never look at the cam bearings’ lol.

FWIW, I do as well. If you have any love for the motor, then you have to, otherwise your old cam bearings are a ‘loss of oil pressure time bomb’. From the looks of the pistons (that I could see) you probably don’t need an overbore, but rather just a hone job with new rings. But I know that is hard for most to do on a 250k mile motor. Hopefully whomever is installing the cam bearings is very familiar with this job - it’s not as straightforward as an old school SB or BB Chevy/ford.

Also, pay close attention to the barbell, cam plate seal and oil pickup tube o-ring.
I have heard the why did you look at the cam bearings allot…. Lol. I measured the notes and all well within spec. I have all the bearings, rings, barbell and seals waiting to be it back from machine shop. I plan on keeping this truck so couldn’t half butt it.

Attachments

• 335D1259-4013-4AE0-867C-5EC8D1AA97AB.jpeg
    335D1259-4013-4AE0-867C-5EC8D1AA97AB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor