1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup LSX swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Just found this blog and I think my brain is in overload with pleasure!!! BEAUTIFUL and MOST AWESOME TRUCK :love: and workmanship!!!! My hats are off to you for saving this beauty!!!!! I think my computer crashed 3 times uploading the photos, but DAME! WELL WORTH IT!! What eye candy!!! Im still in awe!

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
nice. From what I understand (not 110% sure) it’s the identical trans as the Chevy internals (obviously different bellhousing and input/output splanes. The trans in my S10 has 180k on it (17k of it was beind the V8 and it’s been great. I don’t beat the ever living piss out of it, if I did, then the trans prob wont last
Supposedly there are two Dodge versions, all 2000 and up, including the V6 Dakota had the heavy duty version with better gear ratios. Interesting the Dodge heavy duty version is rated at 340 ft/lbs and the GM version 310 ft/lbs. I believe the Dakota version has upgraded synchronizers and why it has the higher torque rating. Dodge didn't have the guts to put it behind the 5.9 Magnum factory. Many have with few failures. As much as I would like the swap, I think a 750 Street Demon and Magnum Performer RPM air gap is first on the 5.9 Magnum.

Cutlass400hp1986

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2019
Oaks, Pennsylvania
Just found this blog and I think my brain is in overload with pleasure!!! BEAUTIFUL and MOST AWESOME TRUCK :love: and workmanship!!!! My hats are off to you for saving this beauty!!!!! I think my computer crashed 3 times uploading the photos, but DAME! WELL WORTH IT!! What eye candy!!! Im still in awe!
Wow! Thanks so much for the warm comments ! it means a lot!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
just got caught up on this thread. I remember when you posted the pics after getting it, and kinda lost track after that... turned out beautiful, and kudos on all the attention it's received!

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
My middle daughter lives about 10 minutes from the museum in Belleview. It is a very cool place to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor