1970 Olds Cutlass S Rat Rod Style

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, they made the pump in aluminum and you could buy it aftermarket but no longer.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, I only got the oil sender tee done as far as on the 350. I got my 5000 rpm governor and red 12 tooth gear, should be pretty close with the brown 26 tooth gear and 225/70R14 tires. I also got the two wire lock up solenoid and TCI lock up wiring and pressure switch installed. I also got the complete CK .555" TV and larger reverse valve, spring and spool valve installed, the 4L60E bottom feed filter and deep pan back on. The TH2004R should be ready to go.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Who made it for the aftermarket
It may have been A/C Delco. It used to be listed on Rock Auto but out of stock. I just checked, not there anymore. Something I did find is that the US Motorworks brand has a heavy duty shielded impeller version. Of course no pics of the impeller. If it is like the old Flowkooler where they riveted a plate on an open impeller, it may actually be worse. I have a RWD old Flowkooler, there is a lot of space between the housing and impeller. Someone buy one, it is less than half a Flowkooler. It is US1120H on Rock Auto, maybe it has a cast impeller.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sanderson shorty headers put on with Optimum Grey RTV. The fitting in the power steering pump and lines are different, later lines have a tube beyond the flare. They are the same thread between the two, so just change the fitting and switch lines to match the steering box. Got all that swapped around and the power steering filled with fluid.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I got the TCI lock up wiring and vacuum switch installed, starter wiring on and the exhaust mostly hung. I also received these, actually Supreme grills on my Cutlass S, oh the sacrilege😉. They cost me $200 Canadian shipped vs $500+ Canadian for a new set shipped.
20210207_105647.jpg
20210207_105653.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Adds a touch of class! 👍
I agree. The S grills were so bad, I had straps and bolts holding the passenger side together. Anything is an improvement. I painted them with the Duplicolor Metalcast silver base coat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Because I like you fine Gentlemen, here goes my rant, exclusive to the G body forum. Well, my 70S isn't running but it did try to burn to the ground🙄. Snow is a wonderful thing, carb back fired. Well I worked like hell this long weekend to get it running. Here is where the day started, a battery less than a year old is toast. For some reason the fans won't run, assuming wiring. Yeah minor but it has just on more thing. I filled the trans, probably overfilled, some leaked on the floor. Up next is a fuel leak, the line wore through under the serpentine bracket. I did a bunch more removal of material, now more clearance, I cross threaded the bolt and had a b*tch of a time fixing it with a die. Next is a slight antifreeze leak at the lower hose. It is slightly wet mid way on the plastic, better be spillage, rad is not even a year old. The last jug I grabbed was slush, only added a bit and was after noticing the wetness. It maybe the gas is old, thought I threw some in a month ago and had stabilizer in the tank. moved the distributor a tooth this way and that. One wire came off, had spark once attached, not sure how much gas it is getting. So I poured some from a Jerry Can down the carb, of course I spilt some on the intake. It almost sounded like it was going to start then a pop back and fire. My jacket would not smother it. 4 handfuls of snow did it. **** you Oldsmobile😡

• Sad
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Did I mention it took me 6 hours to get the exhaust in place? Yes, 6 ****ing hours, that was much harder than it should have been. Problem when you have the exhaust tied together with an X pipe, one collector goes cockeyed when one side is attached. Also the passenger tail pipe took some adjustment to get hung. I went out at 6:30 pm on Saturday when my Wife went to work, came in just before 12:30 am.

• Wow

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor